UFC 2010

9 to 5

To sway you have to be planted and holding RB and then flick the LEFT stick any any cardinal direction. It takes some practice, but I've been practicing it a lot and when you hit a counter shot perfectly...Ho-ly shit. Hit two that were awesome, one with rampage where I dodged a left and came across with a massive left hook while Rashad's right arm was in full swing for a haymaker cross. Dropped him.

The other was with Rashad against Rampage, I ducked a straight left and smashed him with a left uppercut that dropped him and was probably the hardest punch I've seen in this game. The sway lends a whole new dimension to the standing game and I think its great, but its really hit and miss. Really shows you the risk and reward of being a counter-puncher.

Finally, it seems to me that if you turn the right stick to the left it works better for transitions than turning it to the right. Anyone else notice this? It seems odd and kind of unfortunate to me because I've always gone right.

Yeah, after practising the sway alot I have actually managed to win a few fights on Expert, although I still can't figure out to how sprawl a takedown or defend a takedown. Also, it seems that whenever I get to the mount the AI instant reverses me, even if I'm not transitioning.

Davidmarrio,

how did you have a Don Frye fight, my demo only has four fighters and Frye is not one of them. By the way, I can't wait until the full game comes out. And Rampage is a BEAST in my game.

Edited by mrmayhem87

Why are there four controler shadows before a fight?! BATTLE ROYAL?! :shifty:

Imagine how much ass this game would be if you could play tag team matches. :D

Davidmarrio,

how did you have a Don Frye fight, my demo only has four fighters and Frye is not one of them. By the way, I can't wait until the full game comes out. And Rampage is a BEAST in my game.

I didn't fight as Don Frye, i was Rashad against Rampage but there's a famous MMA fight where Don Frye and Yoshihiro Takayama in Pride just stood toe to toe single collar just punching the shit out of each other nonstop no one defending the punches just one hand around each others head and then blasting each other in the face for about 5 minutes. But when the game comes out i hope to try and make a Don Frye CAW :D

Edited by davidmarrio

Davidmarrio,

I didn't fight as Don Frye, i was Rashad against Rampage but there's a famous MMA fight where Don Frye and Yoshihiro Takayama in Pride just stood toe to toe single collar just punching the shit out of each other nonstop no one defending the punches just one hand around each others head and then blasting each other in the face for about 5 minutes. But when the game comes out i hope to try and make a Don Frye CAW :D

I don't know much about MMA but that fight is one of the most awesome displays of badass I've ever seen.

Why are there four controler shadows before a fight?! BATTLE ROYAL?! :shifty:

Probably because they had four in UFC2009 as well.

Why did they in 2009? Fuck if I know. But they did.

Davidmarrio,

I remember making a Don Frye CAW in UFC 2009 and making the AI my bitch. Aw, it was good times. :wub:

Tip of the Day: Posturing up is done by holding left or right on the Left Analog Stick in any position except the 3 "Down" positions: Open Guard Down, Half Guard Down & Mount Down. The Down positions are identifiable by virtue of the bottom fighter having his hands and arms wrapped around the top fighter's neck in all ...3 Down positions. Remember, you have to hold left or right the entire time to stay postured up!

Submission switching:

First, it's important to remember that Submission Switching is both fighter and submission specific; not all fighters have them, and not all submissions can be switched once initiated. Consult your fighter's Action List (available in the pause menu) to see which Submission Switches are available to him. Second, Submission Switches are performed by holding the Technique button (either L1 for PS3 or LB for 360) and pressing in on the Right Stick/Right Analog.

So, according to the GameStop commercials, you 'unlock' the TUF10 finalists with a pre-order.

Does this mean you could normally get them in-game? Or are they special DLC like initially thought?

See, that's what I originally thought. So why don't they say "Get exclusive bonus fighters" instead of "Unlocking"? Because "Unlocking" implies that they're already in the game....