The 2010 NFL Thread

Vendetta

Leftwich is awful did anyone see him play last year? they're better off with Batch or Dixon. Batch is old... and Dixon is mobile but erratic with throws. bright side is Ben got his suspension down to 4 games.

To be fair Leftwich was pretty damn good the last time he was on a real team (2008 Steelers).

So finals cuts are today. Any of you guys that are fans of teams with good defenses know if your team plans on cutting any decent linebackers or corner backs the Lions could claim? >_>

I don't see any surprise cuts for the Lions, though the WR spot could be interesting after Bryant Johnson. We had Derrick Williams, Dennis Northcutt, Tim Toone, and some other no namer competing for the last two spots. DT is also an interesting battle behind our top three, both Landon Cohen and Andre Fluellen were strong in pre-season, though the numbers game could catch up and we might end up cutting one of the two.

It's also very possible that Kevin Smith is cut. Many expected him to be the obvious number two, but after the last four games he has been a polarizing figure with the Lions fans. Many argue that he doesn't do anything special, he's an average back. It's true, he isn't terribly fast, he doesn't have great moves, his vision is suspect, and he seems to get tripped up easy. Maurice Morris is tougher, just as a fast, and seems to hit the hole with a better sense of purpose. Aaron Brown is fast, and he can return kicks which gives him value as a special teamer. Dee Dee Dorsey became a fan favorite because he also appeared to have some speed and was elusive, but he's also a guy that wasn't expected to make the team and in my opinion wasn't that great to justify earning a roster spot.

Now with that said, I still think Smith should be the number two behind Jahvid Best. Despite what I said, he's still a good running back, just not as a feature back. He is an excellent receiver for a running back, and he is also good at picking up blitzes in passing situations. I think with an improved offensive line and without having to carry the full workload, he'll actually look much more valuable to us as a back up.

in another Brad Childress is fucking stupid move they sent Sage Rosenfels to the Giants solving the Eli back up question. how does he continue to think Tarvaris Jackson is worth a roster spot? Sage had outperformed him so bad, and could of been useful with Favre's ankle problem. I seriously can't wait for Favre to leave, so he can put Tarvaris back in and get fired soon after like he should of been if Favre didn't save his job.

And the Cardinals decide to just cut Leinart. Now it will be interesting to see if Pete Carrol tries to bring him to Seattle, as he probably figured the Cards wouldn't trade him within the division.

Not sure if we'll bring Leinhart in, seeing as we gave up and are paying quite a bit for Charlie "I look like Jesus but haven't played a game" Whitehurst, and are reportedly looking at Patrick Ramsey. Have to see how it all pans out.

And I really hope that Mike Williams is in career revival mode and not "I looked good in training camps and pre-season mode", as we cut Housh today. Gonna be another interesting season for the Hawks.

Cuts that surprised me.

CB Dre' Bly

DE Bobby McCray

RB Willie Parker

DE Derrick Burgess

The Raders cut a kicker named Swayze Waters..how do you cut somebody with that type of name.

QB Pat White

WR T.J Housh

QB Troy Smith

WR Javon Walker

QB Chris Simms

Tampa Bay fianlly cuts the big waste of space in Michael Clayton. Clayton needs a change of scenary..should go to Seattle maybe it would rejuvanate him.

LB Bobby Carpenter

WR Juaquin Iglesias

QB Dan LevFevor

CB Jaques Reeves

K Kris Brown is out in Houston which means Neal Rackers is back baby!

Texans Sign Derrick Ward. Should be a nice compliment to Steve Slaton.

The Raiders cut a kicker named Swayze Waters..how do you cut somebody with that type of name.

When you have Sebastian Jan... Janik... Janikow... Some weird Polish name and his leg of near limitless power.

The Raiders cut a kicker named Swayze Waters..how do you cut somebody with that type of name.

When you have Sebastian Jan... Janik... Janikow... Some weird Polish name and his leg of near limitless power.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXTvv4mjur0

Thing is..that made it to about the 4 yard line with the wind against him...a decent tailwind...he might've made it..

The Ravens have signed Houshmandzadeh, with Seattle having to pay him $6.15 million this year we're getting him on the super cheap. With Stallworth's injury keeping him out of action for the first few weeks I can see him originally fitting into basically all our offensive plays. After Stallworth comes back we'll have quite a logjam at WR, but there's worse things in the world.

Curious to see who gets cut off the roster.

Let's get these up and running:

Pick 'Em League

League ID:52949

Password: ewb

Survival League

League ID: 22729

Password: ewb

Make your entry names your board names so it's easy to keep track of who's playing. I managed to have a perfect season in the Survival League last year, so I assume I'll be knocked out in week one.

The Ravens have signed Houshmandzadeh, with Seattle having to pay him $6.15 million this year we're getting him on the super cheap. With Stallworth's injury keeping him out of action for the first few weeks I can see him originally fitting into basically all our offensive plays. After Stallworth comes back we'll have quite a logjam at WR, but there's worse things in the world.

Curious to see who gets cut off the roster.

Nobody, it appears. Mark Clayton's been traded to St. Louis to make room for HOOSH.