The 2010 NFL Thread

Vendetta

So during the Eagles/Packers game last week my brother, his friend (a Cowboys fan), and myself had a discussion about Sean McDermott and how long he keeps his job as D-Coordinator for the Birds. Well, we came to the consensus that he has this season to prove himself as last season he was just thrown in there after Jim Johnson passed away... and well 2 weeks in and he's not giving me hope for the future of our defense. They have flashes of being pretty good, but then they shit the bed. Last week, Rodgers turned it off and had trouble getting it back on, and thats how we stayed in that game. And this week, we have a good lead and then they just let the Lions creep back and almost take one away from us. McDermott has gotta do something fast or it's not gonna be pretty.

The other Philly situation - Vick looked good yesterday. Now, with Kolb apparently coming back next week @ Jacksonville, it's decision time. If Kolb comes out and has a terrible game, Reid has got to decide, because should Kolb blow again next week, does he stick with him or does he realize that Vick gives us the chance to 'Win Now' and after this week's game, the NFC East is wide open, with the Birds, Giants, Redskins all 1-1 and Cowboys 0-2. How long of a leash does Kolb have this year? I'm hoping its not long, but I'm a fan and I want to win all the time, esp with the weapons we have on offense. So this is still an interesting situation to watch out for.

Also, while Quinn has sucked it up in the Pros, it's not fair to write off Clausen, yet. And Ryan Fitzpatrick takes over for Trent Edwards? Meh. They both aren't very good, and they did this whole musical chairs thing last year, and neither was any good, so it won't make much of a difference.

Not to burst the bubble of Eagles fans. But this is the same Andy Reid who stuck with his guy for a decade. You're gonna have to give Kolb at least a few weeks of sucking before Reid possibly shows any sign of admitting he made a mistake.

And even then, he's more likely to learn how to manage timeouts and challenges properly.

I lived in Philadelphia for 3 years, and watched almost every Eagles game. I respect Reid for believing in his guys, but at a certain point it turns into him simply not wanting to show he's wrong.

Let's also remember it was the Lions that Vick looked good against. There's a reason people were souring on him before the dogfighting came to light, and I doubt 2 years away from the game will have improved any of his negative qualities.

Let's also remember it was the Lions that Vick looked good against. There's a reason people were souring on him before the dogfighting came to light, and I doubt 2 years away from the game will have improved any of his negative qualities.

He looked good against the Packers, kind of. But they also probably didn't watch any film of him before the game, the backup can't be judged until his 2nd start.

To clarify my point earlier, I wasn't saying that 90% of the people that post in the thread are homers. Rather, I was pointing out the fact that every one of us acts like we know it all and our opinion is better than everybody else's. Because Chase's problem isn't that he's a Steelers homer or not, it's the fact that he comes across as a cunt, something most of us are guilty of.

• Like 1

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- Denver Broncos wide receiver Kenny McKinley was found dead in his home Monday, authorities said.

Arapahoe County Sheriff Grayson Robinson said authorities were called to McKinley's home in Centennial and found his body. Robinson said he couldn't provide any more details because detectives were investigating and in the process of notifying relatives.

McKinley

McKinley

"Everyone with the Broncos is shocked and saddened by the loss of Kenny McKinley," team owner Pat Bowlen said in a statement. "He was part of the Broncos' family and will be greatly missed by our organization. My most heartfelt condolences go out to Kenny's family and friends."

The Broncos said coach Josh McDaniels would meet with the media on Tuesday.

In a statement, McDaniels said: "Kenny had a promising future on the football field, but more importantly, he was a great teammate whose smile and personality could light up the room. This is a tragic loss for our football team, and his family is in all of our thoughts and prayers during this difficult time."

McKinley was a second-year pro who was on the team's injured reserve list with a leg injury. He played in eight games as a rookie in 2009 with seven kick returns for 158 yards.

McKinley was a fifth-round draft choice out of South Carolina in 2009. He attended South Cobb High School in Austell, Ga.

McKinley remains South Carolina's all-time leading receiver with 207 catches for 2,781 yards. He came back to the school earlier this month, watched the Gamecocks beat Georgia 17-6 and visited with his college coach, Steve Spurrier.

"Had a wonderful smile just like he always did," Spurrier said.

The news of McKinley's death spread quickly at the end of South Carolina's practice Monday. Players who normally sprint off the field upbeat walked slowly with their heads down.

"Kenny was certainly one of my all-time favorite players. It's hard to figure out why it happened like this," Spurrier said.

Several Broncos players were attending a fundraiser Monday night in honor of Darrent Williams, their teammate who was killed in a drive-by shooting on Jan. 1, 2007.

Three months later, Broncos backup running back Damien Nash collapsed and died after a charity basketball game in St. Louis in March 2007.

23 years old..wow..

The 49ers will make the 2pt conversion and lose on a FG in regulation. Book it.

EDIT: Or Vernon Davis will do his Dustin Keller impersonation, and not get to the goal line so that he comes up short even after making the catch. San Failcisco.

Edited by naiwf