The 2010 NFL Thread

Vendetta

But that's the worst part! In Jets/Dolphins wasn't a QB, it was a Wide Receiver that got "roughed".

I mean, what the fuck.

Edited by OctoberRavenO

At some point, Dallas Cowboys rookie wide receiver Dez Bryant was going to get his comeuppance. Teammate Roy Williams all but guaranteed that during training camp.

Bryant made national news in training camp when he refused to carry Williams' pads after practice -- bucking the trend of veteran NFL players hazing rookies. Bryant later said he didn't know about such tradition.

"I'm not doing it," Bryant said then. "I feel like I was drafted to play football, not carry another player's pads."

More on the Cowboys

Calvin Watkins and Tim MacMahon have the Cowboys blanketed for ESPNDallas.com. Check in with their constantly updated coverage. Blog

• ESPN Dallas: Dallas Cowboys Center »

Williams excused it, saying then that Bryant, who received $8.3 million in guaranteed money from his rookie contract, would just have to take the team out to dinner and get him some new shoes.

Well, that dinner happened Monday night. The final tab: $54,896.

Bryant took the offensive players out to Pappas Bros. Steakhouse. Williams, however, made sure Bryant got the message, inviting defensive players as well.

And guess who was left holding the bill afterward.

"They got the young fella," said Bryant's adviser, David Wells. "What could he say? He had to pay it unless he wanted to wash dishes for a month."

Players ordered basically everything on the menu and even took home bottles of wine.

After checking out the 90-page wine book, it's anybody's guess if anybody took home a bottle of Chateau Latour for $9,000. It's also possible a few players ordered a bottle of PlumpJack Reserve for $600.

No word from Bryant or Williams about the evening ... yet.

Yea...I don't care if Dez did just get 8.3 million or whatever..thats just a dick move by Roy Williams. "You didn't carry my pads, now you gotta pay $55,000"...asshole

Baha I think it's hilarious, but I think the little shit like carrying the pads and stuff is tradition, thus disliking the initial action.

I mean money isn't the same to us normal folk and them. They piss it away like no ones business as a general rule of thumb.

This one ridiculous sum just happened to be somewhat humorous. He went against the grain and got fucked. That's the NFL I guess.

It was 2% of his signing bonus so it isn't quite as big of a deal as it sounds.

It is kind of a big deal when this amount is more than the majority of the people that fund the league make in a year ...

It's a big deal to us, that majority. But when someone is a multi-millionaire, dropping 55k on one dinner one time isn't going to be something Dez Bryant is going to lose sleep over.

• Like 1

Dez Bryant should pay for my dinner next. I support NFL salaries by buying merchandise, in effect making it possible for them to refuse carrying pads, and I get nothing in return except the stress of being a Baltimore Ravens fan.

... if the stress is that bad there's alwasy room here in Bills Fan Town

Dez Bryant should pay for my dinner next. I support NFL salaries by buying merchandise, in effect making it possible for them to refuse carrying pads, and I get nothing in return except the stress of being a Baltimore Ravens fan.

... if the stress is that bad there's alwasy room here in Bills Fan Town

Coincidentally before the Ravens came to town I was a Bills fan, my dad's from Buffalo. I still have a soft spot for them (And the Sabres are my hockey team) so I'm like a neighbor of Bills Fan Town. The neighbor who shows up at the party with lots of nice drinks and cool stories about all the awesome stuff going on in my life, and then I leave before the drama starts.

Oh, and Ray Rice is likely out for the game against Pittsburgh this Sunday. Going into Heinz Field without Rice & Reed? I don't care who the Steelers' QB is, that's a huge disadvantage for us. McGahee can't do what Rice can, and as a result the Steelers will know much more of what to expect from our running game. Without the threat of 4-5 yard passes, Pittsburgh can commit more into deeper pass coverage. Obviously without Reed on defense is a huge liability, QB's are less cautious about where they throw the ball.

Pittsburgh-based PLB Sports Inc., which specializes in limited-edition products featuring star athletes and their favorite charities, apologized for the error in a statement Thursday.

Hmmm..a Pittsburgh company misprints on the box of the star player of a rival of the Steelers..yea..it was a "mistake" :shifty: