The 2010 NFL Thread

Vendetta

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BALTIMORE ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

This, A million times this, What an awesome way for me to kick off my Monday morning.

HOLY SHIT JOE FLACCO!

I'll agree with Chase on basically everything he said about Flacco & Ngata. There's a reason I spent my hard-earned money on a Ngata jersey and not a (pun intended) Flacco one. He doesn't need to be a great QB, this has been established time and time again. He's been prone to making a lot of really bad mistakes, and he avoided them today (The INT he threw was Mason's fault) and then when it came time to make plays he showed a lot of poise and made them. It was great to watch, and I hope he can grow on it confidence-wise. He went into Pittsburgh and beat the Steelers defense, and he did it without the defense creating turnovers for him which was something I felt was important for us to get out with a win.

But on defense, Haloti Ngata just ran over the offensive line of the Steelers. He had one of those games where he simply wasn't going to let the Pittsburgh offense dictate who won. The absence of Reed in the secondary is huge for us, but having a guy like Ngata get through the middle, and then a not-worthless Terrell Suggs coming from the outside pressuring QB's has really helped negate that problem. When we get Reed back in a few weeks I'm going to expect more turnovers from these guys, right now having only 2 on the season is terrible. A -7 turnover differential is the antithesis of Baltimore football.

I thoroughly enjoyed watching Peyton Hillis crash through Cincinnati's defense. Great win for the Cleveland Browns after 3 weeks of letting their lead slip away in the 4th quarter. Let's keep the momentum going and win against Atlanta! It's certainly a winnable game. Can you believe that we could have been 3-1 (maybe even 4-0) if we didn't make so many mistakes? Had we protected the ball like we did today, we'd have definitely beaten Tampa Bay (only lost because of a fumble and an INT), as well as Kansas City (again, lost because of a fumble) We also could have beaten Baltimore in Week 3 if our offensive coordinator had called a better play on 3rd and 2 (a long fade route near the sideline out of the shotgun? NO. Play action roll out or hand the ball to Hillis? YES.)

We didn't, but we were definitely in that game. They didn't murder us. The Browns are no longer pushovers. They make mistakes, yeah, but we're slowly creeping upward in the AFC North, and maybe in a year or two with some good drafting we'll take our rightful spot near the top of the division, right next to Pittsburgh, like it was meant to be.

BTW, if you couldn't tell, I'm a Browns fan, haha laugh.gif

The NFL is looking incredibly unpredictable this year. The Colts murdered the Giants a few weeks ago and now they have the same record at 2-2. The Giants saved their season by manhandling the Bears tonight, and it's doubtful Cutler plays next week if his concussion isn't "minor". Vick got hurt, so now Kolb has to try to replace him. The Niners are 0-4. But perhaps most shocking is the notion that The Chiefs are the last unbeaten team in the league.

The Philly 11 o'clock news said Vick's x-rays were negative, so he may end up listed day-to-day.

At the end of SNF they mentioned the negative x-rays, but also said he was still in pain and should be taking an MRI tomorrow or Tuesday. If it's a rib injury, that could linger for a while.

yeah the chiefs are the last unbeaten rofl. the giants D was just nasty taking out 2 bears qb and the sacks just kept coming. most of it was Cutler though.... the guy just did not get rid of the ball. you can't hang on that long when they are on you like that. awful performance by the bears. at this point it's really hard to tell what teams are worth a damn. I killed it in pick em though going 10-3... got a few good picks and missed some noone saw like cleveland, and jacksonville winning.

I don't think the Giants defense was particularly special, the offensive line just shat the bed and Cutler made it worse by forgetting how to throw a ball. What's more worrying is the continuing inability of th coaching staff to make any kind of an adjustment ever. I mean christ, how difficult is it to line up in shotgun, or put two or even three tight ends in, or just tell your quarterback to get rid of the fucking ball in less than 12 seconds? I get that the running game isn't helping, and again that's mostly on the line. but when the odd thing did work, or at least showed potential like the Hester swing passes or the decent run where Olsen lined up at fullback, they didn't pursue it. Why?

Credit at least to the Bears defense for keeping them in it for so long, giving up two touchdowns at the end like that is nothing to hang your head over, they must've been knackered by that point. Tim Jennings has looked pretty impressive this year too.