The 2010 NFL Thread

Vendetta

With Taylor not playing right now, Woodhead got a few carries - including one for a 22 yard TD and another for 19 yards. Morris and Green-Ellis have a few carries too, G-E with the other touchdown run.

(Y)

... as I said before ... FUCK YEAH ! This guy is freaking great.

Green-Ellis got 16 carries for 98 yards. Woodhead had 3 carries for 42. Taylor and Morris both had six carries, but under 20 yards each.

Third down plays seem to be being transferred to Gronkowski and Hernandez, in spots where Faulk would go.

So I see their depth chart as:

1. Taylor (when not hurt)

2. G-E

3. Woodhead

4. Morris

It made the Colts look bad, but hot damn, Orton just threw up a sexy bomb to Brandon Lloyd.

Just so I make sure I stay current, this guy's still a total scrub, right? :rolleyes:

He better not be a scrub, considering I got him against HTTK and Mike Vick putting up 42 points

He just threw a poor pass on 4th down, so while he's not a scrub he's not elite either. Somewhere in that mediocre middle-ground where he could torture a fanbase for a decade by being their stater. (see Palmer, Carson)

Barring an insane performance from Brandon Marshall, Ronnie Brown and the Bears D, I'm going to 3-0 in my Fantasy League on NFL.com. This, despite Derek Anderson making Larry Fitzgerald look like the biggest bust in a long time. I'm glad I put the Bengals D in this week too instead of the Jets. I beginning to love Fantasy Football now, it makes Sunday evenings even more enjoyable.

I'm gutted I didn't take Michael Vick as my back-up QB. I toyed with idea initially because of my love for left handed QBs and the fact he'd only be playing one week anyway, but I took David Garrard instead. :(

Hells fucking yes. But remind me to never listen to the ESPN commentary when there's a Packers game on, christ. Aaron Rodgers is soooo good. We lvoe him soooo much. Shut the fuck up and call the game. They made out it was solly penalties that lost them the game, but if half the holds that went on were actually called, it wouldn't have even been close. Definitely concerned about Chicago's red zone offense though, that line really needs to sort its shit out.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not massively impressed with how the Bears played outisde of Johnny Knox and the defense on the whole (more pressure/sacks on Rodgers would've been nice, but it's a bit tricky when you've got a whole line holding on every play). I guesss I shouldn't expect any better from the ESPN team. They've ruined Jaws.

it's way worse during any new england game, announcers have been verbally blowing Tom Brady for years.

it could be worse though.... I can't even watch sunday night games with sound on because of chris collinsworth. I don't know anybody that likes that guy.

He's still better then Tony Kornholer..

The new roughing rules are such bullshit. The Dolphins would have won Sunday night had they not get called for it, and the call happened when a Jet nearly speared a Dolphin player who couldn't stop due to momentum.

No fault whatsoever (if anything the Jets player hit HIM), but still got flagged which turned a 3rd and 20 to a 1st down and eventually a TD.

Fucking bullshit.

So the Bears looked like a team that may have lady luck on their side this year. In a game the Packers could've blown open they didn't and the Bears came away with a win. That's twice already they probably should've lost and picked up a victory, a sign that usually means they will get the breaks for the rest of the year (hopefully anyway). Anyway, I happen to glance at the lines this morning and I like these.

Jets -5, and the under of 37

Texans +3

Redskins +6 a little bit

Oh yeah, the roughing the passer call on Henry Melton was fucking bullshit, just like the Suggs one last week. You can't tell these guys to just stop dead, they've got momentum. As long as they're not taking advantage and driving the QB into the turf or something, it shouldn't be an issue. Stop wrapping the quarterbacks up in cotton wool. It's your own fault for paying them so fucking much in the first place.