The 2010 NFL Thread

Vendetta

Please. It was a blown call. A violent hit? Yes. But to say it was an illegal hit under the situation and guidelines set forth for such hits is ridiculous.

And I don't want the guy to die, I just want the right call to be made.

The right call by your definition is that anyone other than a QB can get hit with a helmet anywhere on his person and not get flagged for it, and that's because the rule basically makes everyone other than QBs expendable.

I think the rule is if the person is an active runner and if a QB goes all Mike Vick and runs from the pocket, he's the same as any other player. There really is no debating it, by the rulebook, it was a clean hit. Does the rule need to be changed? That's debatable. It really was an unlikely occurence, the first guy who hit Collie turned him into the other guy who fucked him up

This pretty much.

But the more glaring question coming out of this game... I can't be the only one that hates listening to Phil Simms call a game, right?

No, he's dreadful. But alas in all of his infinite Phil-osophy I now know that helmet to helmet hits ARE allowed if you are a runner. OK, Phil. Whatever you say.

And where did you see Coleman launch himself? Collie clearly tried to protect himself by bending over and putting his head down. If anything, Mikell hitting him from behind drove Collie into Coleman Hell, even the halftime guys were saying it shouldn't have been a penalty. That wasn;t a flagrant hit..that was a hit that came about from a defender making a play in a hard hitting game.

And now Coleman will get a hefty fine for no reason. The appeal will be useless, going right back to Goodell. I hope the new CBA includes fines being appealed to independent arbitrators.

Bang on. I'm all for player safety, but there was NOTHING Coleman could have done about that, he certainly doesn't deserve a fine if one is coming, and the penalty was flaky.

but Eric Smith lead with his helmet and likely would have hit helmet to helmet either way. Coleman lead with his shoulder and Collies helmet was driven into his

And Trent Cole was being held like a madman, but someone DARED touch Peyton...

Roy Williams is lucky that the cheap shot he took to the back of his head didn't end up with him in the hospital. On another note, do they not teach how to pick up the blitz in Dallas? Kitna's lucky he didn't get Romo'd when Felix Jones went the wrong way and gave the Packers D a free run at the QB.

Roy Williams is lucky that the cheap shot he took to the back of his head didn't end up with him in the hospital. On another note, do they not teach how to pick up the blitz in Dallas? Kitna's lucky he didn't get Romo'd when Felix Jones went the wrong way and gave the Packers D a free run at the QB.

Of course not. That would require coaching.

But the RULE says you can't hit a QB in the head. You can't really argue that it was a bad call because of the rule :shifty:

If Vick was the one that was touched, that call would've never been made.

Or not. I would have agreed with you but someone got called for the same penalty a week or two ago for barely touching the helmet with his finger, can't remember who the QB was but it wasn't Brady or Manning :shifty:

Yeah, they'll flag you all day for so much as grazing the helmet of a QB in the pocket. That's one of the easiest calls for an official to make.

Just as we were done celebrating the Ravens' victory today it came time to get ready for the Thursday night game in Atlanta. Now, I'm not a big fan of Thursday night games because 1) I have work, 2) They're on NFL Network, 3) Teams have 3 days off and then practically a bye week after it, and 4) They're on NFL Network. My big worry is that we're going into one of the hardest places for a road team to win in the NFL though, the Falcons are nasty there. But it is an elite NFC team versus an elite AFC team, and with the exception of the Eagles' win today all of those games this season (that I can recall) have tilted in the favor of the Awesome Football Conference. :shifty:

Oh, and also a great thanks to Cam Cameron for finally realizing Ray Rice and Willis McGahee are two very good running backs and should be used as a regular part of the offense. If the Vikes ever start using AP regularly they might turn the corner.

Wade Phillips has been fired, Jason Garrett has moved into the head coaching position.

:(

Now watch the Cowboys beat my team on Sunday. Why couldn't you wait one more week Jerry?

:lmao:

Edited by Launchpad Maxxquack

Wade Phillips has been fired, Jason Garrett has moved into the head coaching position.

:(

Now watch the Cowboys beat my team on Sunday. Why couldn't you wait one more week Jerry?

Hope not, I have to ride the Giants in my Survivor pool.......