The 2010 NFL Thread

Vendetta

Thank goodness for DVR. That was ridiculous. I missed the next few minutes while re-watching that return.

But yeah, this turned into a nice close game here. Nobody gave packers a chance but the defense and the surprisingly good 2nd string QB have turned it into a real contest.

Edited by Universal

1-10-GB 43 (4:22) (Shotgun) 32-B.Jackson up the middle to GB 48 for 5 yards (31-B.Meriweather).

2-5-GB 48 (3:42) 10-M.Flynn pass deep right intended for 85-G.Jennings INTERCEPTED by 31-B.Meriweather at NE 18. 31-B.Meriweather to NE 31 for 13 yards (32-B.Jackson). PENALTY on NE-95-T.Banta-Cain, Illegal Use of Hands, 5 yards, enforced at GB 48 - No Play.

1-10-NE 47 (3:32) 32-B.Jackson up the middle to NE 40 for 7 yards (75-V.Wilfork, 51-J.Mayo).

2-3-NE 40 (2:56) 32-B.Jackson right guard to NE 38 for 2 yards (75-V.Wilfork, 59-G.Guyton). measurement

3-1-NE 38 (2:25) 10-M.Flynn up the middle to NE 35 for 3 yards (74-K.Love).

Two-Minute Warning

1-10-NE 35 (1:58) 32-B.Jackson right guard to NE 29 for 6 yards (31-B.Meriweather, 98-E.Moore).

2-4-NE 29 (1:23) (Shotgun) 10-M.Flynn pass incomplete deep left to 85-G.Jennings.

3-4-NE 29 (1:18) (Shotgun) 10-M.Flynn pass short middle to 80-D.Driver to NE 24 for 5 yards (27-K.Arrington).

Timeout #2 by GB at 01:05.

1-10-NE 24 (1:05) (Shotgun) 10-M.Flynn sacked at NE 32 for -8 yards (52-D.Fletcher).

Timeout #3 by GB at 00:53.

2-18-NE 32 (:53) (Shotgun) 10-M.Flynn pass short middle to 89-J.Jones to NE 25 for 7 yards (52-D.Fletcher, 59-G.Guyton).

3-11-NE 25 (:29) (Shotgun) 10-M.Flynn pass short middle to 80-D.Driver to NE 15 for 10 yards (25-P.Chung).

4-1-NE 15 (:05) (Shotgun) 10-M.Flynn sacked at NE 18 for -3 yards (95-T.Banta-Cain). FUMBLES (95-T.Banta-Cain) [95-T.Banta-Cain], RECOVERED by NE-75-V.Wilfork at NE 15. 75-V.Wilfork to NE 15 for no gain (63-S.Wells).

McCarthy didn't set Flynn up for success. They ran 5 plays from 4:22 to the 2 minute warning and moved the ball 22 yards on those plays. You have to try to conserve time when your QB isn't going to have a couple of plays handy. The stuff before the 2 minute warning was bad, but the calls after it were terrible. They lost 35 seconds on a 6 yard run and then ended up converting 3 passes over the middle. I'm sure Flynn just made the safest throw, but the playcalling was awful. You can't try to time it so you score with 0:00 on the clock and that seemed to be what GB was aiming for, and that's why they lost even though New England's D was gassed.

I went 1-13 this season in my ridiculous giant roster 8 person league. But everyone made the playoffs, and I knocked off the #1 seed. Austin Collie shaved 5 years off his life to lead me to victory.

• Like 1

So...who is going to give up a pair of second round picks for Matt Flynn this offseason? The Redskins? Cardinals? Vikings?

I doubt that the Packers would trade Flynn to the Vikes for obvious reasons. The Deadskins might be stupid enough to trade a couple of future # 1's though :shifty:

Speaking of second rounders, whatever happened to Brian Brohm? Didn't Mel Kiper say he was the greatest thing since sliced bread?

Flynn and Kolb might be in demand next year but I don't see the Packers giving up Flynn easily. the guy played pretty solid for his first real game but I didn't like the time management at the end. I know they didn't want to score and give the ball to Brady with time but Flynn badly needed more time. after the one sack the guy was confused as fuck and then on the 4th down he just wasn't prepared. I think you gotta blame coaching. allowing that big kick return from a lineman was killer too. Aaron Rogers would of got them the win I think but I still hope for the Pack to make the playoffs.

as long as the Buc's don't I'll be happy. such a fraud team.

The Titans certainly could use a new QB.

Not according to Bud Adams. I make jokes about Al Davis being stuck in the '70s, but after two years living in Nashville, I've decided Adams makes Davis look totally lucid.

Bud still lives in Houston, and I honestly think he's still convinced that his team's based somewhere in Texas. Otherwise, he'd have cut ties with Vince Young already, instead of listening to the other 22 or so Longhorns on the team, who'd still support VY if he started lighting small children on fire.

Not according to Bud Adams. I make jokes about Al Davis being stuck in the '70s, but after two years living in Nashville, I've decided Adams makes Davis look totally lucid.

Bud still lives in Houston, and I honestly think he's still convinced that his team's based somewhere in Texas. Otherwise, he'd have cut ties with Vince Young already, instead of listening to the other 22 or so Longhorns on the team, who'd still support VY if he started lighting small children on fire.

Its painful as heck watching Titans games. However, its not just Vince Young who needs to go. They need to get rid of Jeff Fisher, too. Which pains me to say, because I like Fisher.

Bud Adams is older than dirt, though. Hopefully when he kicks the bucket, someone who knows what they're doing and is living in this century will take over the team.

Say what you will about Al Davis, but his base philosophy, 'speed kills', still works. The Raiders just haven't had the quarterback, nor offensive line, to make it work.

Dear Dan Carpenter,

Okay, the first kick was to the wind, which was also to the side. And the 61-yarder, nobody blames you for missing that.

But the fourth one you missed? The one that could have tied the game?

What the fuck, man.

What the fuck.

-At least you're doing better than Chad Henne,

ORO

EDIT- My first reaction to the game-losing kick, and the fucking stupid final drive:

129092786498235257.jpg

Edited by OctoberRavenO