The 2010 NFL Thread

Vendetta

Early prediction: the 2012 Super Bowl will be won by the QB with a "lesser" reputation in the league. Eli vs Brady II or The Manning Bowl in Peyton's house sounds good to me :shifty:

2011 - Rodgers over Ben

2010 - Brees over Peyton

2009 - Ben over Warner

2008 - Eli over Brady

2006 - Ben over Hasselbeck

I'm going with Goodell vs. The Fans in Hell in a Cell next year.

I'd hardly say Rodgers had a lesser reputation than Ben. Obviously less prolific in the post-season but most people (Rightly) assume he's better at the QB position and hasn't shown any really awful post-season performances.

People were ready to anoint Ben one of the "all time greats" had he won today. That's all they've been talking about for the last 2 weeks on national sports talk television and radio. Some douchecanoe named Jason Smith of ESPN radio was actually arguing that if Ben had won his career would have been BETTER than Brady's to date because Ben is younger. Apparently it didn't matter to him that Brady has 2 Super Bowl and (now) 2 regular season MVP awards and Ben might have played the worst SB ever and had maybe 2 votes for MVP in his career.

Really? What people were these?

Everyone I heard was acting like having a Top 10 scoring defense somehow diminishes a QB's accomplishments.

I'd hardly say Rodgers had a lesser reputation than Ben. Obviously less prolific in the post-season but most people (Rightly) assume he's better at the QB position and hasn't shown any really awful post-season performances.

People were ready to anoint Ben one of the "all time greats" had he won today. That's all they've been talking about for the last 2 weeks on national sports talk television and radio. Some douchecanoe named Jason Smith of ESPN radio was actually arguing that if Ben had won his career would have been BETTER than Brady's to date because Ben is younger. Apparently it didn't matter to him that Brady has 2 Super Bowl and (now) 2 regular season MVP awards and Ben might have played the worst SB ever and had maybe 2 votes for MVP in his career.

Everyone I heard was acting like having a Top 10 scoring defense somehow diminishes a QB's accomplishments.

Were you living in a cave the past 2 weeks? Did you turn on ESPN or NFL Network on at all?

The whole story going into this game was that if Ben Roethlisberger won, he'd be so good that raping multiple women wouldn't matter, Joe Buck was slobbering all over him, so yeah, I'd say people were ready to anoint him as one of the all-time greats.

You're fucking kidding right ?

YOU WERE ONE OF THEM SLOGGING BEN'S NUTSACK

• Like 1

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/14618596/tomlin-roethlisberger-approaching-level-of-legendary-pairs

(Tomlin/Ben approaching legendary pair status)

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81e04a9d/article/roethlisberger-not-bradshaw-leads-steelers-alltime-team

(Big Ben not Bradshaw on alltime Steelers team)

http://blogs.nfl.com/2011/01/28/polian-roethlisberger-up-there-with-peyton-brady/

(Bill Polian says Ben is up there with Peyton and Brady)

http://blogs.nfl.com/2011/02/02/big-ben-has-edge-over-rodgers-in-sb-matchup/

(Ben had edge over Rodgers)

Just some of the nonsense posted on national websites since the SB pairing was set.

Edited by naiwf
  • Like 3

Wow, my prediction was only a point off....damn 2 pt. conversion :angry:

But good for Rodgers, good for the Packers. I was a Rodgers fan since he was drafted, and never disliked Green Bay for any reason. Glad they won tonight, also glad it was a really good game. Pittsburgh played really well too, and just as easily could've won the game. That missed pass to Wallace followed by the HUGGGE whiff on that 52-yard FG absolutely killed Pittsburgh's momentum.

So, how long 'till a CBA gets done?

Were you living in a cave the past 2 weeks? Did you turn on ESPN or NFL Network on at all?

You mean the NFL Network that had Marshall Faulk claiming Ben had 1.5 rings? That had Rod Woodson saying he wouldn't be a Top 5 QB no matter what? I could go on and on and on.

The whole story going into this game was that if Ben Roethlisberger won, he'd be so good that raping multiple women wouldn't matter, Joe Buck was slobbering all over him, so yeah, I'd say people were ready to anoint him as one of the all-time greats.

Nope, sorry. Didn't see it.

You're fucking kidding right ?

YOU WERE ONE OF THEM SLOGGING BEN'S NUTSACK

I thought I didn't count because I was just a homer.

http://www.cbssports...legendary-pairs

(Tomlin/Ben approaching legendary pair status)

http://www.nfl.com/n...rs-alltime-team

(Big Ben not Bradshaw on alltime Steelers team)

http://blogs.nfl.com...h-peyton-brady/

(Bill Polian says Ben is up there with Peyton and Brady)

http://blogs.nfl.com...-in-sb-matchup/

(Ben had edge over Rodgers)

Just some of the nonsense posted on national websites since the SB pairing was set.

That still doesn't account for all the "analysts" arguing the exact opposite.

But good for Rodgers, good for the Packers. I was a Rodgers fan since he was drafted, and never disliked Green Bay for any reason. Glad they won tonight, also glad it was a really good game. Pittsburgh played really well too, and just as easily could've won the game. That missed pass to Wallace followed by the HUGGGE whiff on that 52-yard FG absolutely killed Pittsburgh's momentum.

Could not disagree more.

Edited by Evil Chase K

Could not disagree more.

Really? Once they got their shit together, they looked great. The second half was the stuff of legend to be able to come back from a 21-3 deficit and almost win it. If they would've gotten their shit together a little bit earlier, we're having a completely different conversation right now, talking about how much we hate Ben and he didn't deserve MVP, and Steelers fans saying "told you so," etc.

So apparently in Chaseville people going on national TV/radio/websites and saying Ben would have been an all time great with a win didn't happen because other people dared to disagree. I guess that makes sense because the average person in America thinks Ben has been guilty of more than poor judgment and that doesn't matter in Chaseville either. I guess in a weird way it makes sense. See/hear what you want and just ignore everything else.

Somehow this was only the second 31-25 game in NFL history and the Steelers have lost both of them. I don't know how that is even possible given the number of games there have been but this appears to be true.

By the way, Roethlisberger, 3 Super Bowl TDs. 5 Super Bowl INTs

Edited by sahyder1

Yeah Zero, I really don't understand why you're making up so many lies. Perhaps you meant to talk about how Ben Roethlisberger is the greatest, yet most under-appreciated QB in NFL history. Did you know that most people don't even know he plays in the NFL? When will he get the respect he deserves, but not more than he deserves?

• Like 1

And his 2 TDs today came after they were already down 21-3. His poor play early blew the game. At that point in time, he was in contention for outdoing his awful first SB effort. The majority of his "numbers" came against the prevent defense after GB had lost two of their primary guys in the defensive backfield. I think it says something that he's been outplayed by the opposing QB in all 3 of his Super Bowl appearances, and yet he still has 2 wins.