L.A. Noire

Gene Kiniski

It´s intersting how much more you can get if you are not working 100% perfect. For example, in one of the sidecases (it´s not realy spoiling, most of em seem to be shooting and chasing) you chase someone and can just shoot him in the back as soon as you get a shot, if youtake your time just keeping behind him a new situation evolves. (or might evolve)

I heard big cases get more contend aswell wen you mess up things. But i am trying to play the game without replaying a case before i finished the game once, so i don´t no for shure.

Oh man, I fucked up so badly on The Fallen Idol case. Shitloads of property damage and a paper thin case :(

Is that the one with

the car that crashes into the billboard at the beginning?

If so, that is the one I am on and I already dread seeing my score considering I got 0/3 correct during a questioning. Stupid whore looking so convincing and/or me not paying attention <_<

I fucked up with the Fallen Idol case as well. I think because its the first time you really have to try and guage their facial expressions, rather then just going with your instincts. Half way through it now though.

Yeah I think I fucked up on "The Golden Butterfly"...but fucking up in this game actually makes it more fun an adds to replayability.

Despite getting all of the interrogation questions right with both suspects, I'm only given the option of charging the husband. Then I get reamed at by my boss and the "Case Notes" suggests that I charged the wrong guy.

Not sure if it's a built-in thing where you are supposed to lose for storyline purposes or if I just missed an important piece of evidence that would have opened up another question so I could have charged the pervert guy. Already has be looking forward to replaying that case again.

Only done like 2 dispatch calls since I've been so wrapped up in the story.

One thing I really do dig - Cole isn't as morally good as other protagonists. Yes, he's looking to stop crime, but he doesn't bat an eye lid at...

... racism and women being hit, and hopefully there's more to come. I like that he doesn't, it makes me feel more like I'm in the times, rather than playing the game from a more modern liberal perspective.

ad1-DLC.jpg

I bet we will have most of the PreOrder instore DLC within a Month. Well, maybe a bit later on PS3 with that PSN debacle.

You get a new suit if you link the game with rockstar social club, incase you hve not read the manual. :D

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane

Does almost EVERY case have to end in every suspect being sodding massacred with gun shots, or am I just playing this wrong?

As shown in the tutorial, if you point your gun at them long enough they might/will (?) give up. Thats just way harder to acomplish than just blowing their brains out.

I am a bit sad that 4 of the 21 cases are Tutorial missions that are not even half of what a real case is in the rest of the game. i hope very long cases in the end will make up for that.

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane

For anyone considering buying another game that has recently been released as well as this, you can get L.A Noire for £25 at Tesco, as long as you buy another chart game first.

I haven't been on it today - I'll probably play again Sunday at some point as I'm busy tomorrow, but being off work Monday will probably mean I'll be on it all day.

Only a few mor hours and I can finally play this game proper for the weekend. Loving how long the main cases have been, and I have to echo whoever said that having the tutorial "cases" act towards the cases completed for the game to be a bit daft, but oh well.

The amount of cases that are in the game, plus the Naked City one that Ill play once I complete the game, plus trying to get perfect ratings for each case after I finish everything else should keep me busy for a while.

Loving the car selection Ive seen thus far as well. Just need to get better at driving since it seems so difficult to actually use the trigger for the acceleration rather than the left joystick like in Halo.

My one grievance would be the driving so far. I seem to have people stopping dead set in the middle of an intersection, just as I reach it, and then I get in trouble for slamming into them.

Something tells me I'm suppose to drive like a good lil boy, but thats no fun <_<

You have to get it to the point where you have the option of charging either man. I've done it 3 times and the best I've gotten is 2 stars.