Portal 2 Confirmed

Black Majik

http://store.steampo....com/news/3559/

Portal 2 Announced

March 5, 2010, 9:44 am - Valve - Press Release

Valve, creators of best-selling game franchises (such as Left 4 Dead, Counter-Strike and Half-Life) and leading technologies (such as Steam and Source), today announced Portal 2 for shipment this coming holiday season.

Portal 2 is the sequel to 2007's Portal, which won 70 industry achievement awards.

For more information, please visit www.steamgames.com

The underlined is "drattmannh0nee", to save people time.

That's about it, but yeah. Portal was fuckwin, can't wait for this <3.

EDIT:

2bbb6w.jpg

EDIT 2:

Portal for the PC keeps getting updated. Start a new game on it and check out the Radios. It also has a new ending.

Edited by Black Majik

Coming this holiday. Portal 2 is the sequel to 2007's Game of the Year and draws from the award-winning formula of innovative game play, story, and music that earned the original over 70 industry accolades. Portal 2 introduces a cast of dynamic new characters, a host of fresh puzzle elements, and a much larger set of devious test chambers. Players will explore never-before-seen areas of the Aperture Science Labs and be reunited with GLaDOS, the occasionally murderous computer companion who guided them through the original game.

$60 for 360, $50 for PC

Looks like it's a full release by itself then. Co-Op sounds like it could be interesting. Weird to hear there will be no PS3 release for it though.

Holy shit, I mean I'll be buying it anyway, but if they're charging full price for it then they must know they have something absolutely phenomenal.

And Valve have never developed anything for the PS3, so that's no surprise. EA might get another studio to port it though like they did with Orange Box.

• 2 weeks later...

My new Game Informer came the other day with the Portal 2 article mentioned above. Co-op is set to feature two 'bots that look like a combination of the personality spheres that fall off of GLaDOS in the last fight and the creepy robot sentries. Speaking of GLaDOS, the game is definitely a sequel (set in the distant future, oddly), and the Chell/GLaDOS dynamic is back in full swing, but this time there are other little 'bots that also resemble the personality spheres. Lots of new physics stuffs (heat-conducting companion cubes, funky hydraulic catapults, vacuum tubes) are in. And probably best of all, it's a full-featured game, a lot longer than the first.

I don't know if it'll pass the first, which is about as close to a perfect game as I've ever played, but Valve's track record is excellent, so I expect great stuff.

One reason why I enjoyed the first game so much was it's length. It didn't feel like it was too short or too long. It just felt like it was the perfect length. I do have faith that Valve can make this game longer and still keep it fun.

• 1 month later...

I may have to finally dip my toe into the world of Steam then. I've already played it on 360 but there's new content, right?

Actually, I would technically be re-dipping since I had a brief foray into it when I got Half Life 1 around the turn of the millenium.