UFC News and Discussion Thread

• 3 weeks later...

The following is the scheduled line-up, in order - for this weekend's UFC 66 "Liddell vs. Ortiz 2" show:

Preliminary Bouts:

-Anthony Perosh vs. Christian Wellisch (opening bout)

-Rory Singer vs. Yushin Okami

-Gabriel Gonzaga vs. Carmelo Marrero

-Thiago Alves vs. Tony DeSouza

PPV Bouts:

-Michael Bisping vs. Eric Schafer

-Andrei Arlovski vs. Marcio Cruz

-Forrest Griffin vs. Keith Jardine

-Chris Leben vs. Jason MacDonald

-Chuck Liddell © vs. Tito Ortiz (UFC LHW Title)

credit: MMA News.com

Edited by Enter Blue Guy

Predictions:

Christian Wellisch

Yushin Okami

Gabriel Gonzaga

Thiago Alves

Michael Bisping

Andrei Arlovski

Keith Jardine (Upset Special)

Chris Leben

Tito Ortiz

I've heard all the news, but now we can discuss here. :)

Cro Cop is excellent and I can't wait to hear the reaction @ 66.

Rampage back sets up some good match-ups with Ortiz, Liddell, and the youngsters.

I plan on attending UFC: OHIO 1 :shifty: But just need to get some cash together before tickets go on sale, it's your job to give me official updates about when they do.

Edit: I've also heard speculation since Hughes/GSP was postponed and Sylvia/Vera probably won't be a blockbuster draw... that they may look into a Diego/Hughes Co-ME for the Ohio card. Again, just small speculation.

Edited by ACCBiggz

Predictions

Christian Wellisch

Yushin Okami

Gabriel Gonzaga

Thiago Alves

Michael Bisping

Andrei Arlovski

Forrest Griffin

Jason MacDonald

Chuck Liddell

As for the whole Cro-Cop thing......consider the Arlvoski/Cro-Cop PPV already purchased by me.

I am looking forward to seeing Rampage fight, as he is one of the guys I have never seen.

Heel Turn, I've heard rumors that his first fight may happen on the Ohio card.... I would doubt it as they may save him for Las Vegas or LA, but considering that its a couple months away it's not out of the question right now. :) And you love his high kick, and he'll connect against Eddie Sanchez, he is a sloppy striker who loves to stand there.... KO!

Heel Turn, I've heard rumors that his first fight may happen on the Ohio card.... I would doubt it as they may save him for Las Vegas or LA, but considering that its a couple months away it's not out of the question right now. :) And you love his high kick, and he'll connect against Eddie Sanchez, he is a sloppy striker who loves to stand there.... KO!

Isn't Cro Cop supposed to be fighting Jake O'Brien on the Superbowl card?

Oh, and predictions -

PPV Bouts:

-Forrest Griffin vs. Keith Jardine

-Chris Leben vs. Jason MacDonald

-Chuck Liddell © vs. Tito Ortiz (UFC LHW Title)

Edited by Mysterio2000X

Hopefully UFC resigns Vera. Really, EliteXC is a joke. What is it? A 15 second ground rule? I don't see it lasting much longer than WFA did. On top of that, I really want to see Vera face Big Tim and leg-kick him into oblivion.

What ever happened to the UFC signing Aleksander E rumors? That'd really be a great pick up as well. Either way, future's looking bright for UFC.

Am I right in thinking that UFC doesn't allow kicks to the head? Or am I just dreaming this? If it's true, it'll be an interesting test to see Cro-Cop's well roundedness and how it stacks up against the UFC's heavyweight division.
Edited by LBTN x 3 = 41?

If Aleks is going anywhere it's going to be K-1. He'd be a good pick up for the UFC and I think a rematch between Cro Cop and a more experienced Aleks Emelianenko should happen, but K-1 has his number. He's been rumored to be on his way there for over a year now.

But you never know, I feel like anything could happen. Hell, if you would have told me today, without any prior knowledge of this, that UFC signed Cro Cop (which still isn't 100%) I'd tell you to shut the fuck up. As an MMA fan, it's equal to finding out that Sting jumped ship and signed with the WWF back in 98. That's how huge it is.

Anyways, I think this is going to be a great show tonight. I love the crowds at big BIG UFC shows. UFC 40, UFC 47, UFC 52, UFC 57, those events had Wrestlemania type atmospheres, the crowd was so pumped for the main event through out the whole event and because of that, they ate everything on the undercard up. The crowds were alive for every fight, I love those UFCs, because it makes everything seem that much more special. Fuck, people gave Hermes Franca and Yves Edwards a standing ovation after every round of their fight at UFC 47. That's how pumped and excited the crowd was. Watching it just made you feel good to be a fan. I have a feeling that this will be another one of those events.

Isn't Cro Cop supposed to be fighting Jake O'Brien on the Superbowl card?
Edited by Enter Blue Guy

-Anthony Perosh vs. Christian Wellisch

PPV Bouts:

-Forrest Griffin vs. Keith Jardine (I love Forrest, but I seriously believe we haven't seen the best of Keith Jardine yet. Fight of the night.)

-Chris Lebenvs. Jason MacDonald

-Chuck Liddell © vs. Tito Ortiz (UFC LHW Title) (Toughest call all year for me. It's a fight that you'll have see it play out live as it could go about zillion different ways. Chucky is my boy, I don't mind Tito, but I really want to see Chuck win. He's has made a career of proving people wrong, so I can't possible not take him.)

-Anthony Perosh vs. Christian Wellisch

PPV Bouts:

-Forrest Griffin vs. Keith Jardine (Forrest is my boy , but jardine isreally good. Gonna have to side with my boy .)

-Chris Lebenvs. Jason MacDonald

-Chuck Liddell © vs. Tito Ortiz (UFC LHW Title) (I really like both , but I've been a Liddel fan longer than I have been and Ortiz fan. No matter what it should be an awesome fight)

Edited by Dochappy