UFC News and Discussion Thread

Jackson beating Chuck should not be considered an upset, he is a highly skilled fighter who had already beaten Chuck before!

Chris Leben should have won his fight against Kaleb. Chris was far more active and Kaleb only seemed to be able to do anything with 5 seconds left in any round. When Starnes had Leben down, he couldn't do anything with it.

Jackson over Chuck is definately not an upset, but it was being built up by the UFC to make everyone just assume that Chuck was going to walk out with the win. With that kind of buildup, it wouldn't suprise me to see lots of people consider it an upset.

Official Results by Sherdog:

Wilson Gouveia d. Carmelo Marrero by Submission (Guillotine choke) in Round 1 at 3:06

Din Thomas d. Jeremy Stephens by Submission (Armbar) in Round 2 at 2:44

Alan Belcher d. Sean Salmon by Submission (Guillotine choke) in Round 1 at 0:53

Thiago Silva d. James Irvin by TKO (Knee injury) in Round 1 at 1:06

Kalib Starnes d. Chris Leben by Decision (Unanimous)

Houston Alexander d. Keith Jardine by TKO (Strikes) in Round 1 at 0:48

Terry Martin d. Ivan Salaverry by TKO (Strikes) in Round 1 at 2:04

Karo Parisyan d. Josh Burkman by Decision (Unanimous)

Quinton Jackson d. Chuck Liddell by KO (Punches) in Round 1 at 1:53

I knew Jackson was a hell of a fighter but I wanted Chuck to get the win tonight. Both guys are great and maybe they'll be a chance of a another meeting between the two so I can actually watch the fight.

I did pretty terrible predictions wise

Usually the challenger for a title fight is always the underdog.. thats the way I was seeing it before Chuck got KTFO.

A couple fights seemed a bit off with the reffing. Martin/Salaverry seemed a little premature.

Edited by Tits McGee