UFC News and Discussion Thread

Davidmarrio, that "Kimbo Slice!!" status update? What the fuck man, no need to go an spoil the fight. Did you not pay attention when spoilers were said to be kept within the UFC/MMA discussion threads and only there for 48 hours and then it is fair game?

I think he posted that right before the fight started.

Davidmarrio, that "Kimbo Slice!!" status update? What the fuck man, no need to go an spoil the fight. Did you not pay attention when spoilers were said to be kept within the UFC/MMA discussion threads and only there for 48 hours and then it is fair game?

I think he was only talking about Kimbo being .. there.. on tv.. as you obviously see, he lost, big time, so there's no spoiler there except he was there .. as advertised.. :/

someone went and flipped their lid... Didn't know i werent allowed to cheer for someone i'll ask for permission from you next time i post a status (P.S Plus i do know the rules ;) ). In the future don't jump to conclussions straight away without the relevant facts (Y)

Edited by davidmarrio
  • Like 1

Or you can just be a little more careful and not just post a name, as it could be interpreted to be you showing excitement for someone winning. If you want to "cheer him on" a simple "Let's go Kimbo" or something like that would've worked...

• Like 1

Guest Mr. Potato Head

If Fitzy wasn't watching the show (I don't know if he is or not), and he saw that status update at that time, I think 99 people out of 100 would assume it meant Kimbo won. Not your brightest moment.

• Like 1

Guest Mr. Potato Head

I'm more confident in Koscheck than in anyone else on the main card tonight.

I'm not that confident in anybody on the main card, though.

FUCK YES!!

You noticed Shogun knew when it was finished? He stopped and looked over at the ref who came in and stopped it there and then.

Edited by Eddie 'AW' G

Sweet, we already have to put our lives on hold for people who don't watch live events...live...and now we should refrain from posting names in status updates? This internet thing is serious business people. Chill out, seriously.

Oh, and Kos - btw.

Edited by Gene Kiniski

Koscheck is a punk. There's no doubt about it. He riled up the crowd, he clearly oversold what was a missed knee, he is a punk. But what Daley did after the match is far far worse. Koscheck might oversell an illegal knee (which, even though it missed, is still illegal), and insult the crowd, but punching a guy after the fight is completely uncalled for, and I would not be surprised or upset if Paul Daley is never seen in the UFC again.

Also, The Dragon is human, and The Dragon can be slain. At their last fight, Shogun became the first guy to show that for as talented as he is, Machida is not untouchable. And tonight, he showed that Machida could be punched into a different time zone. That was Shogun at his best, and I think that he might be the guy to bring true stability to the UFC Light Heavyweight Title.

A really really fun show, I think, with a lot of really solid matches. I'm really looking forward now to GSP vs Koscheck, a true top face vs top heel battle in UFC.