UFC News and Discussion Thread

i thought he deserved atleast 1 more chance considering his personal circumstances. Plus his last 3 fights he fought Maia, Sonnnen (Both title contenders) and Bisping who is just below the top tier fighters at Middleweight.

Hopefully he sticks with what he's good at and not try to stand with a standup fighters

Surprised at the lack of discussion in here, which is fine by me, as I didn't have to try to hard to avoid spoilers, watched the show now, kinda disappointed, most matches went on too long, glad Franklin won, not a big fan of Liddell, although he is an awesome fighter.

Of course very disappointed at Yvel losing. :( And screw the judge who gave it 30-27 to big ben ¬_¬

Wow, bad for Chuck :(, and I am impressed with Rich keeping going, that arm looked painful :wacko:

Loved the card, I felt that Cro Cop showed a lot more in the fight and he seems to be getting better again, but will he ever become the fighter he was before his injuries and his Gonzaga knock out while in Pride in 2006? I still doubt it :/

Kampwho? was awesome, Condit looked impressive while Macdonald impressed for such a youngster, Yvel proves he needs to go to a camp where he can learn BJJ or submission wrestling, the fight was dull outside the first round.

Danzig was robbed, I would like to see the fight ASAP, be it UFC 118/9 or as near to as possible :/

But I must admit I am starting to jump on the Evan Dunham bandwagon :)

Yeah Dunham's making waves now. I'd like to see him fight Jim Miller i think that'd be a good fight and help establish who's closer towards a possible title shot/fighing the top contenders.

Kampmann well he did a great job i really didn't expect him to beat Thiago being honest and what about a possible rematch with Condit? The 1st match was great i'm sure the 2nd would be great as well.

McDonalds looked impressive as well and he has alot of time on his side no shame in losing to Condit, hopefully he can build upon this.

Guest Mr. Potato Head

Was out last night so just saw the results this morning. Evidently everything bar Cro Cop went how I predicted. :shifty:

Trying to decide where people could go from here...

Franklin I'd like to see against Forrest Griffin, it's a match that could headline a show when UFC is desperate for headliners, plus the winner will look like a top dog at 205. Chuch had better retire.

Cro Cop's a tough one because you don't want to put him against somebody who isn't already thought of as a decent fighter, Rothwell or Mir maybe, the problem with Nogueira is that they've fought before.

Kampmann vs. Condit could make a lot of sense since the timing works out and their first match was a split decision.

I read an interview as well, I am not suprised, the guy didn't even seem to get hit that hard and went down and out... such a shame to see a legend go out in that manner.

However if the Tito fight comes up again... Would the UFC missout on that cash cow?

Pretty sure Dana guaranteed that Liddell's loss before was his last as well.

Any news on Macdonald's eye injury? That looked brutal, I almost couldn't watch. Apparently Pat Barry broke a hand and a foot. First card in quite a while I can remember enjoying throughout (barring Yvel/Rothwell perhaps), even managed to catch most of the prelims, although not the controversial one. I understand Yves Lavigne is in the middle of it again.