UFC News and Discussion Thread

Back to regular scheduled programming:

There has been word that the Thiago Silva vs Rampage fight at 130 is going to be replaced with Rampage vs Rashad 2. Thiago Silva is apparently out not for an injury like originally supposed but because his drug test from 125 is still under investigation and the UFC are sounding out an alternative to Thiago in the fight.

So I ask you... Does anybody want to see Ramapge vs Rashad 2 desperately? Personally i could live without it for now, as last years fight was felt very underwhelming.

Could certainly do without it. When will said fight happen? Rashad got hurt and, well, knee injuries take awhile to rehabilitate. If it happens at UFC 130 it just seems silly that UFC wouldn't be willing to push the match against Rua back 2 PPVs and make 130 an even more-stacked card.

At 130, he has only strained he knee (MCL I believe) which apparently takes 8 weeks to heal, meaning an early April return, post UFC 128, however giving him an 8 to 9 week period where he can then prepare for a fight at UFC 130 in late May.

I'd rather them do Jackson/Evans 2 in like a couple of fights time rather than now. Considering what it only happened in November and they've only had one fight each since then. While yes from a buisness point of view makes perfect sense but couldn't Rashad fight Machida before Jackson?

This isn't UFC (well, it once could have been) news, but if you guys could ask a pro fighter any question what would it be?

I'd ask Alan Belcher if he really likes Johnny Cash that much.

Actually it happened last May and Jackson has had one fight since then, Evans has had exactly zero.

Ahhh it was Machida/Jackson in November, I knew Jackson fought in November just got the events muddled up.

Also Jake Shields is bringing in Sonnen and Ben Askren to help train him for the GSP fight imo two very good choices for when it comes to training your wrestling but I can see GSP wanting to keep the fight standing with Shields when it comes to the fight.

I had forgotten that UFC is already selling tickets for 128, so moving a title match off that card doesn't make sense. Assuming Rua and Rashad both win, they'll have their match finally in August or September. If Jones and Rashad both win though, it throws the LHW division into a clusterfuck. Winner of Machida/Couture has to get a title shot then, don't you think?