UFC News and Discussion Thread

It's all the better because he pulled it off against my least favourite fighter since James Toney.

Fuck Volkmann.

• Like 2

It's all the better because he pulled it off against my least favourite fighter since James Toney.

Fuck Volkmann.

Can not +1 that enough.

I want Obama to actually kick his ass. :shifty:

Guest mr. potato head

What a great show.

Great to see Varner back, was always surprised he was cut so quickly. Amazed he beat Barboza, but it didn't look like a fluke. Sass and Teixeira were both super-impressive and will hopefully be moved into main card fights sooner rather than later. Mayhem looked like shit and it's great to see him gone, he's been pushed way above his skill level due to his mouth.

Main card was tremendous fun. It's too bad the heavyweight division isn't really in much different a position than it was before the show though. Struve quickly submitting a guy with no submission game proves nothing we didn't already know. Nelson beating a guy who's never really faced top-tier competition proves nothing we didn't already know. JDS vs. Velasquez will be a big fight, but if you're UFC, what do you do after that? Put Werdum (if he beats Russow) against Struve for the next title shot? Encourage Rashad Evans to move to heavyweight? Cormier can't come in soon enough really.

I honestly wonder if he didn't say that simply because he's running out of guys to throw at Jon Jones at 205. Seriously, if he beats Hendo, there's who left who would be looked at as any kind of a serious threat? Gustaffson, maybe?

Honestly Gustaffson is a ways off, and I think we are more likely to see a Shogun rematch before that happens, the likes of Griffin could be used as filler and cannon fodder after a win or two to let the division have some more time to develop, but honestly, unless someone makes a good run through the division, ala Jon Jones, then there is really no one much left to have a go bar some rematches against Rashad, Bader, etc... before the division appears cleaned out.

I mean if Glover Teixera can put together some more impressive performances, then why not?