UFC News and Discussion Thread

Well Ultimate Fight Nights are never as good as Ultimate Finales and this was no difference.

The first fight was kind of boring. Nothing really going on there.

Rashad Evans just overpowered Bonnar but really did nothing on the ground. I don't get how that third judge gave it a tie. But Rogan saying someone should shoot him and that he wasn't high or drunk was awesome. Rogan is the best commentator going today. Bonnar didn't look like his usual good self though.

Leben getting rocked within seconds was great. I find him to be whinny when he loses and he showed that again. I don't like Kos but I liked his reaction to Leben losing. Was Leban looking at McCarthy to stop the fight after getting knocked down? That's what it looked like to me. Silva just complete owned that fight. I am looking forward to more fights from him.

I like Cummo. BUt his opponent getting out of the choke not once but twice, and both were quite deep, was really impressive. Again, a 29-29 score by the third judge. Stop letting boxing judges into UFC fights. I know UFC has no control over it, but seriously. Two fights with a 29-29 score? No way. I liked Cummo and all but his opponent was able to get the win in that fight.

Not a night for TUF stars.

Jason Lambert b Brandon Lee Hinkle when the match was stopped at the end of the first round. Hinkle dropped Lambert on his head with a German suplex in the highlight of the show midway through the round that Hinkle was dominating. However, Lambert rebounded and beat the hell out of Hinkle. From the account we got, the match was stopped way late and Hinkle was covered in blood and knocked out at the end of the round. He got out and was going crazy like a wounded animal.
Edited by Fitzy

Jason Lambert b Brandon Lee Hinkle when the match was stopped at the end of the first round. Hinkle dropped Lambert on his head with a German suplex in the highlight of the show midway through the round that Hinkle was dominating. However, Lambert rebounded and beat the hell out of Hinkle. From the account we got, the match was stopped way late and Hinkle was covered in blood and knocked out at the end of the round. He got out and was going crazy like a wounded animal.

I'd have liked to see this instead of that Rothaermel - MacDonald boring fight.

Edited by Enter Blue Guy

16 UFC veterans will be in America's living rooms every week courtesy of Spike TV, as the eight middleweights and eight welterweights of 'The Ultimate Fighter' season four cast were announced Wednesday. Assisting these vets in training will be UFC hall of famer Randy Couture and top welterweight contender Georges St. Pierre.

Middleweights

Patrick Cote

Edwin Dewees

Travis Lutter

Charles McCarthy

Gideon Ray

Jorge Rivera

Pete Sell

Scott Smith

Welterweights

Mikey Burnett

Shonie Carter

Rich Clementi

Jeremy Jackson

Chris Lytle

Matt Serra

Pete Spratt

Din Thomas

I knew Silva was good but damn. I thought Leben would have fought better but he got tagged plain and simple. That's probably one of the best and worst things about MMA. Its pretty much impossible to go undefeated so your favorite fighter is eventually going to get beat. Huge win for Rashad Evans who is on a roll. This is a guy who Matt Hughes didn't like and even Dana admitted he didn't really like but he keeps beating people. Whats left for Bonnar now? A Griffin/Bonnar II fight is out of the question. I have a hard time thinking that Bonnar could've bounced back against a Tito Ortiz the way Griffin did after taking a pounding the 1st round.

Looking forward to the PPV; being a wrestling fan I'll always have a soft spot in my heart for Shamrock but the MMA fan in me knows Shamrock hasn't had a good fight in quite awhile. Sure the Sakuraba fight may have been stopped early. And Shamrock had Franklin in a bit of trouble before slipping and getting tagged but as much as I like him I don't see him winning.

Am I the only person who gets why someone might score Bonnar/Evans a draw? Evans did nothing on the ground for 3 rounds. Bonnar kept looking for subs(kinda forcing the action) and controlled his hands the majority of the time. Evans just seemed content to lay on him.

I totally understand how someone could score it that way, even though I'm with the majority that would've given 2-3 rounds to Evans.

Guest Afroduck

I can see why they could call it a draw like you said with Bonnar tryin for the submissions while on his back,but considering that the judges very rarley give any points for a guy on his back I don't understand why the third called it a draw.I like Rashad but ya he has to get more active on the ground

16 UFC veterans will be in America's living rooms every week courtesy of Spike TV, as the eight middleweights and eight welterweights of 'The Ultimate Fighter' season four cast were announced Wednesday. Assisting these vets in training will be UFC hall of famer Randy Couture and top welterweight contender Georges St. Pierre.

Middleweights

Patrick Cote

Edwin Dewees

Travis Lutter

Charles McCarthy

Gideon Ray

Jorge Rivera

Pete Sell

Scott Smith

Welterweights

Mikey Burnett

Shonie Carter

Rich Clementi

Jeremy Jackson

Chris Lytle

Matt Serra

Pete Spratt

Din Thomas

Credit: UFC.com

I was really hoping to see Nick Diaz here like the rumored list had.

Am I the only person who gets why someone might score Bonnar/Evans a draw? Evans did nothing on the ground for 3 rounds. Bonnar kept looking for subs(kinda forcing the action) and controlled his hands the majority of the time. Evans just seemed content to lay on him.

I totally understand how someone could score it that way, even though I'm with the majority that would've given 2-3 rounds to Evans.

You have to bet $600 to win $100 for betting on Tito...or something to that effect, right?

BTW, the ones I've found are...

ANDREI ARLOVSKI -280

TIM SYLVIA +220

TITO ORTIZ -475

KEN SHAMROCK +350

Edited by Numbahs

The latest and complete odds for this Saturday's card, thanks to MMANews.com

Tito Ortiz -541

Ken Shamrock +491

Tim Sylvia +244

Andrei Arlovski -264

Yves Edwards -212

Joe Stevenson +192

Frank Mir -246

Dan Christison +226

Josh Burkman +118

Josh Neer -128

Jeff Monson -594

Anthony Perosh +534

Drew Fickett -150

Kurt Pellegrino +140

Gilbert Aldana +107

Cheick Kongo -117

I'm not sure how many really care, but the Hermes Franca match is not on there because of his recent opponent switch. I don't care really, but Hermes Franca was one of my favorites in the Lightweight division before. Can't wait to see him back. Yves Edwards, Joe Stevenson, Sean Sherk, Kenny Florian, Mark Hominick, Jorge Gurgel, Jens Pulver and Hermes Franca are sure to make the rebirth of this division very exciting as well as highly competitive. Now, if they can only work out a deal with K-1 to get Genki Sudo's ass back here for a few fights, I'll be extremely pleased.

And the year of the rematch in the UFC continues right into August.

2328-UFC62.jpg