old cartoons you loved

the gurn

hey there just thinking the other day being an 80s child born in 83 what some of everyones best memories of old cartoons, and i dont mean like the big brand ones the little ones that you couldnt get enough of, my personal fav was a sci fi cartoon were a little boy gets marooned on an alien planet and he finds an egg which can talk, and beetle alien attack the boy until space mercs come and save him i loved it but i have no idea what it was called, so thats mine what about everyone else

The Hurricanes, Poddington Peas and Juniper Jungle, those three were fucking magic, but there's a shit ton of others - Whacky Racers, Ducktales, Chip 'N' Dale Rescue Rangers, Tiny Toons, Tom & Jerry (and Tom & Jerry Kids), Pirates of Dark Water (seriously, one day I'll get round to doing that diary), Superted, TNMT, Topcat, the Batman toon that was on in the 90s, Charlie Chalk, Sharky & Grorge, Speed Racer, The Snorks, The Smurfs, Taz, Count Duckula, He-Man, Dangermouse, Inspector Gadget, The Raccoons, The Real Ghostbusters and other non-cartoon stuff like Trumpton and Camberwick Green.

Man, being a kid rules.

EDIT: How the fuck did I forget Animaniacs? Is it because they have balony in their slacks? Is it because they have pay-for-play contracts? Is it because they're zany to the max?

With the exception of the the Snorks/Smurfs and possibly Tom & Jerry Kids, I heart every show on Benji's list.

Big props for the stop-motion ones like Charlie Chalk and Trumpton/Camberwick Green, too. Also 'Bertha', which was made by the same people as Charlie Chalk.

Guest Mr. Potato Head

SHARKY AND GEORGE

CRIMEBUSTERS OF THE SEA

I remember my entire English class singing that in high school one day. Cartoons used to be so awesome. :(

Other favourites include 90s Spider-Man and X-Men, Tiny Toons, Animaniacs, Rugrats (pre-movie mostly), and well pretty much everything that's already been mentioned.

Legends of Treasure Island, The Hurricanes, The Dream Stone, Trap Door, Dennis the Menace ("HAHA, I'm the naughtiest Dad in the world, HAHA!"), Count Duckula, Inspector Gadget, Sharky & George, Biker Mice From Mars, Cow & Chicken, Dexter's Lab, Powerpuff Girls, all Looney Tunes and Hanna Barbera cartoons - especially Tom and Jerry and Wacky Races, Pokemon, and Fillmore. I was about 16 when I watched Fillmore, but I don't fucking care, it was an excellently written show. :P

EDIT: Forgot about Recess. Another great show I watched religiously.

I'm 1980 so classic cartoons are my upbringing.

(still the very best - have it on DVD)

(
here in Japan)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVuODEx2_9Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrM0E9pag8E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZ4c1X5ene8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Rehq31mx0s

Willo The Wisp

A lot of the British ones had incredible voice work - Kenneth Williams did Willo The Wisp, Terry Wogan did Stoppit and Tidyup, Willie Rushden did Trapdoor, David Jason did Dangermouse....

Yeah, Recess absolutely. One of my favorite display name fads on EWB was doing the Ashleys last year, that one's due for a comeback before the calendar year ends. I also really enjoyed Pepper Ann after spending like two years refusing to believe it could possibly be any good. Aaand... okay, fuck it, I'll do a list and cut it off at shows I first watched after I turned thirteen.

Daria, Cartoon Planet, Mighty Max, the Powerpuff Girls, Ed Edd & Eddy, Animaniacs, Freakazoid, Garfield & Friends, Dexter's Laboratory, Pokemon, Digimon, to a much lesser extent Monster Rancher, Dragonball, Dragonball Z, Sailor Moon, Tiny Toon Adventures, Rugrats up until the movie, Doug, Rocko's Modern Life, KaBlam!, The Angry Beavers, Sheep In The Big City, Hey Arnold, X-Men, Spider-Man, Celebrity Deathmatch, Tenchi Muyo, Space Ghost Coast 2 Coast, Samurai Pizza Cats... god. The list is probably much longer but I'm going off the top of my head.

One series that I honestly didn't get into until I was older was the Bruce Timm DC Universe stuff, like Batman: TAS. I liked it, but I wouldn't go out of my way to watch it until I became a big comics fan as a teenager.

Whacky Races, Tom and Jerry and Road Runner were always my favourites. More into the 90s, Hey Arnold was fantastic, and I loved Rugrats up until I was about 13 :shifty:

It's a shame Boomarang didn't come on (in the UK at least) until I'd graduated to Saved By The Bell, because I would've loved that shit.

Dangermouse, Noah's motherfucking Island, Gargoyles, the Jumanji animated series, Space Ghost (both Coast To Coast, and otherwise). And my Dad, for reasons I've never understood, fucking loved Fish Police.

I saw The Raccoons for the first time on Sunday, it's shit. I used to have a little rubbery toy of one of them, though.

Oh, I forgot about Pepper Ann and Gargoyles. Also, The Weekenders. And SWAT KATS. Fuckin' SWAT Kats, man, loved that shit so hard.