Human Centipede

EndOfAnEra

Saw a bit of conversation about this in the Lounge, but I just watched the trailer last night and JESUS CHRIST. The guy that thought of this has got to have some seriously scary sexual issues.

The basic idea is two lost tourists stumble upon a house of a demented surgeon looking for help. He winds up wanting to make a sort of human centipede (who saw that coming?) by surgically fixing the girls and another man ass to mouth with one digestive tract. Does he succeed?

Of course: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wmTv2nqTHo

I remember the uproar that the Hostel movies got, so I'm a bit surprised this hasn't gotten torn to pieces yet. Of course, it hasn't had a major release, so that may be why. I am intrigued though. Grossly, grossly intrigued.

Man, I like twisted and freaky shit, but this is ridiculous stupid. When I heard about it a few months back I couldn't believe it. And now, I still can't fucking believe it. Apparently, there is a sequel planned already which makes me lose more hope for humanity.

• Like 2

Man, I like twisted and freaky shit, but this is ridiculous stupid. When I heard about it a few months back I couldn't believe it. And now, I still can't fucking believe it. Apparently, there is a sequel planned already which makes me lose more hope for humanity.

I want to see just for the complete shitfest it probably is. And the sequel looks to be exactly the same, except instead of three people, it will be six people. Hilarious.

A few of my friends were talking about this the other day and I'll say the same thing here that I said there, based on the synopsis alone: it's an incredibly one note joke. The characters are stupidly one-dimensional, there's no real plot to speak of, the subtext is incredibly unoriginal (America's version of WWII? No one's ever done something themed on that before) and there's no attempt to even try to make a good movie. I mean, what would be used as a twist to inspire horror and suspense in other movies is not only present through most of the film here, but is actually the name of the film. The whole thing is pretty obviously an attempt to exploit a cheap gimmick to the 'gross out' (for want of a better term) niche of the horror film fanbase and if they do franchise it, it'll be even shittier than some of the horror franchises we're already stuck with. That people are talking about it winning awards and shit is hilarious.

I hate myself a little just for giving this film the infinitely tiny amount of publicity generated by me writing this post about it. <_<

Oh c'mon, it's pure schlock, nothing to get all riled up about. I'd probably never waste my time watching it, but I'll be damned if the concept doesn't make me laugh my ass off... right into someone's mouth.

• Like 5

So I watched this. And I laughed. Because it was so overdone; they just went out of their way to gross out their audience that it just became a farce. So I laughed some more. The only good thing about was Dieter Laser who at least did a solid acting job of bringing Dr. Heiter to life. Otherwise, it was shit. But hilarious.

Saw this last night and really loved it. Firstly, most of the criticisms I've heard regarding the movie are pretty invalid (one person complained that the girls are wandering in the woods for 15 minutes- that's not true at all. Another person said that it wasn't anatomically graphic enough- your mileage may vary, but I wasn't disappointed). Also, the movie had its funny moments, but it wasn't a comedy- the humor was generally supposed to be uncomfortable and it didn't demean the subject matter, being as how at it's core, it's a story of torture and imprisonment. The absolute best thing about the movie, though, was Dieter Laser. Honestly, his was one of the best performances I've ever seen in a horror movie, just so sick and vile and weird and disturbing. Totally different roles, but the only portrayal of similar quality that's even coming to mind is Anthony Hopkins as Hannibal Lecter.

• Like 1

From the wiki;

Tom Six has stated that the inspiration for the film came from a joke he always made to friends about punishing people who were nasty or annoying, or a child molester by stitching their mouths to the ass of a fat truck driver.

I've made a joke about a gameshow called "Meal Or No Meal", where using the "Deal Or No Deal" concept, a starving African has to choose numbered platters with varying degrees of 'meal' there, ending with a single grain of rice. Just because I've made this joke, doesn't make it a good concept to base an actual film/TV production around.

Edited by YI
  • Like 2