Red Dead Redemption

King Ellis

Look on the map that came with the game or your in-game one - it shows the general area where you'll find the different animals. The richest areas are more northern because of all the forest/snow and stuff.

I ran into a bunch of random stuff, like not even the kind that gives you a blip on the radar. A man trying to rape a woman in the alley, a shootout in a saloon, random gun battles in the desert etc.

Thanks, I'll have to give it a look. I think I unfolded it and gave it a glance then just put it right back in the case.

Oh, and on the subject of knife fighting cougars and bears. I'm thinking that as a group it can be done. Just others have to be willing to sacrifice their life by distracting said animals in order for you to have the opportunity to take it out with a knife.

Actually on free roam last night I had my knife out and was aiming/locked onto a bear, and I must have swung the knife at the right time because the bear suddenly dropped dead. That didn't help much since apparently that bear was a distraction from this other bear who came up behind me and mauled me to death instantly, but I think if you have aiming mode on and time it right/get lucky, you can kill it by yourself.

Also I think I'll be able to break a horse in easier today, since I was pretty loopy last night. At least I hope I'm able to.

Tanner's Ranch is a bad place. I was assaulted by a gang of 8 cougars over and over and over and over. I finally killed them all, including one via knife, but holy shit, that's a bad neighborhood, holmes.

And yeah, you have to kill it with a melee knife. That was in the master hunter for Free Roam, not single player, but I assume something worse is probably in single player.

I think the only thing preventing me from taking over the world is my horrendous unreliability. Just ask Ellis when game time rolls around.

And whats this about not being able to customise your character? Thats fairly shitty if you can't.

I think the only thing preventing me from taking over the world is my horrendous unreliability. Just ask Ellis when game time rolls around.

And whats this about not being able to customise your character? Thats fairly shitty if you can't.

You can pick what character you want to be. There are like 7 or 8 different groups, with a bunch in each...as you level up, you unlock.

• Like 1

You get like 8-10 different character categories. Misc. Mexicans, Federales, American Army, Sheriffs, Cattle Rustlers, Women, Legendary characters (not sure what this is) and so on. Then in each is 8-10 actual characters to pick from. You have to do challenges and stuff to unlock the characters as you only start out with one in each. Then you can pick your mount which you start with a donkey and then you can work from a horse to bison and cattle.

This game is crazy:

These are in spoilers just in case.

I'm riding back to town and spot a deer come running out in front of me so I figured I'll skin it for some cash. I go into Dead Eye and target it. When I shoot it flies damn near 100 feet in the air. It slumps down a ways away from where I was.

The whole cannibals in the hills thing was pretty good especially the last encounter when you finally meet him. The first time I went up there when I took the mission I got so lost and ended up by some canyon after getting dragged into a gang hideout.

I like all the random side missions as you meet some interesting people like the writer from the east coast. The girl from the train out in the middle of nowhere was pretty messed up as well.

Sadly my horse was killed in a shootout and I actually felt kind of bad. Similar to the dog in Fable II I guess.

Edited by wolves

Been playin for a fortn..er...no..for a few hours....having a blast...I am maybe only 10 missions or so in or less...but having a blast so far.

Earned the Dastardly achievement without knowing of it at all...just messin around.

So far unlocked maybe 5 outfits...did quite a few bounties...killed random people....just having fun