Eurovision 2010

Katsuya

Time for me to go in to gay overdrive. Yeah, it's that time of year again, Eurovision has come around and tonight is Semi Final #1. We're in Norway after Alexander Rybak (:wub:) won last year with Fairytale, and of course the other big story of last year was the fact that for once, the UK didn't completely suck total ass and actually came a very respectable 5th place. Plus, the Eastern Bloc is no longer the dominant power they were thanks to the Jury system being brought back.

Anyway, Semi Final #1 is tonight, with Belgium and Iceland meant to be the big favourites to go through (Iceland having come second last year). Doubt many people'll watch it since most seem to just go for the Final on Saturday but, if you do want to, it's on at 8 on BBC3. Huzzahs :)

• Like 1

Woah, did not realise it was so close. Has the UK got an act yet? I haven't noticed anything at all.

I'll probably watch now, seeing as I am bored stiff with nothing to do tonight.

Why are Iceland in the semi-final if they came second last year? I thought it was only the worst ones from the previous year and the ones who lost in the semis who had to go through the semis (excusing the 'big four' obviously).

I dunno if I cna be arsed with it this year, our entry looks boring as hell again and it wasn't that good last year.

Eurovision is one of the few events that I miss from not being in Europe :(

Ugh Iceland...I'm sure it'll do well as a generic Eurodance track but very disappointing seeing as how magnificent your professional music is.

Serbian guy can't sing....

Moldovan lady is hot, rest is a bit gay for me...

Russian is an okay ballad but I can see it scoring very few points...

Portugal's is generic...

Ugh still can't find anything approaching the genius of:

(musically brilliant)

I've been watching the Justin Lee Collins stuff, because he's trying to represent Ireland after failing to be able to represent anywhere else. From what I've read, it didn't make it, which is a huge shame really. Call me crazy, but I actually think he'd of done better than whatever they eventually put out. Heck, he'd of done better for us than what we've got.

Probably will watch it, although mainly for the commentary, which Norton actually did a great job on last year.

.WE.ARE.THE.WINNERS.

.OF.EUROVISION.

This is the german entery btw. She won a casting show that pretended not to be a casting show.

Wetten_Dass_In_2dd7.jpg

18, hot, great charisma and actualy a good selection of Songs while she was able to decide herself. Now they sadly turned her into a Kate Nash clone... the Song issent terrible but i doubt it will win much points from the countrys that are not into fake coverversions and western european british acent pop. -_-

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane
  • Like 1

I still miss Latvia's piratey entry WITH A HAI HAI HO AND HAI HAI HEE, WE ARE THE LORDS OF THE SEA.

But yeah, UK's entry is absolutely dire. We deserve nil points.

Heh, Alestorm covered 'Pirates of the Sea' and made it a metal song. Sounds pretty good actually.

The German one is my favourite. Perfect combination of annoyingly catchy melody and insane lyrics (something like "I bought blue underwear for you").

Not actually heard the UK entry yet but as the best entry we have had in the last 20 years is Love City Groove I've not got particularly high expectations.

Unfortunately I'll be busy going nuts at the Pendulum gig in Cardiff on the night itself.

Eurovision is one of the few events that I miss from not being in Europe :(

Ugh Iceland...I'm sure it'll do well as a generic Eurodance track but very disappointing seeing as how magnificent your professional music is.

Serbian guy can't sing....

Moldovan lady is hot, rest is a bit gay for me...

Russian is an okay ballad but I can see it scoring very few points...

Portugal's is generic...

Ugh still can't find anything approaching the genius of:

(musically brilliant)

YES. Dancing bald guy with inexplicable ornamental cat on shoulder. Brilliant. 2007 was a great year.

Was it last year that we had a Rolf Harris wannabe representing Spain?

Woah Estonia's entry was brilliant and went out in the semi-final. Which means they'll be back next year with insipid Europop uselessness sadly.

I watched part of Semi 1 on the iPlayer and that song really stood out. They put in a great performance too. It's such a disappointment it didn't get through :(

Just listened to the UK entry. If it gets null points, that will be too much - absolutely dire. dry.gif

EDIT: All the Eurovision Final songs are up on the BBC website for anyone that cares. Haven't had a listen yet, just scanning to see which nations are represented by hotties.

Just found a live performance of that Estonian track that didn't make it to the final:

<--- great song, but the performance is...weird. Kinda like someone hypnotised him and told him to act like Morrisey. The fact he has a passing resemblance to Matt Bellamy makes it a little more surreal for me. Edited by badotori

Woah Estonia's entry was brilliant and went out in the semi-final. Which means they'll be back next year with insipid Europop uselessness sadly.

Seriously, that song is great. From my incredibly limited vantage point on Eurovision it's like... almost all dreadful Europop or songs so ridiculous that they become awesome (WE ARE THE WINNERS/OF EUROVISION/WE ARE! WE ARE!), but I think this is one of the first legitimately good songs I've heard come out of it.