Official Premier League 2010/11 thread

There's a big thing for people whom are neutral to give bum sex to young English Arsenal players and it looks like you've bought into it. He is average and that is about right for him, he's quick but has nothing else to make him stand out as anything more. The reason he's playing for Arsenal is simple, everyone thought he'd be a great player and in the rush Arsenal outbid rivals, since then injuries around him have left Arsenal without much in the right sided department who're able to play which is the only time he gets to start, otherwise he may run at tired defences for a few minutes in a game.

As for performing well, one game against shocking opposition at home is not that good. Where's the crying for Harewood as a top player? Mind you, he did it away didn't he?

There's a big thing for people whom are neutral to give bum sex to young English Arsenal players and it looks like you've bought into it. He is average and that is about right for him, he's quick but has nothing else to make him stand out as anything more. The reason he's playing for Arsenal is simple, everyone thought he'd be a great player and in the rush Arsenal outbid rivals, since then injuries around him have left Arsenal without much in the right sided department who're able to play which is the only time he gets to start, otherwise he may run at tired defences for a few minutes in a game.

As for performing well, one game against shocking opposition at home is not that good. Where's the crying for Harewood as a top player? Mind you, he did it away didn't he?

I haven't brought into anything, I just believe he's a good player and that some people don't actually understand how to rate certain players properly. You must have one crazy definition of what average actually is then. It's pretty much the same case as the people who called Beckham shit or the one's who called Malouda 'average', silly really. Again, nobody is calling him a brilliant player, I'm calling him a good one, which he clearly is. Not to mention he's still young and should continue to grow granted he gets the chance to.

If he's good, then give qualiteis that Walcott has shown consistently since he signed for Arsenal that are better than the majority of Premeir League players in position other than pace and explain how to "properly rate players".

• Like 1

I guess Arsene should be manager of the year every year then, what, with all those AVG players running around <_<:shifty::P

I was actually impressed with how Blackpool handled the match. They pushed from the kick off and even down a man dind't stop playing. They had a few very good chances even after the red card. I like the "cut of their jib" so to speak.

As for Arsenal, I was actually glad to see them put their foot on a lesser opponent's throat for once. The last few years they've made a habit of dropping absolutely retarded points to people that shouldn't even be on the pitch with them. More often than not they play to the level of their opponent, both up AND down the table. With their recent history of flubbing points I'd be happy to see a season in which Arsenal gets the results like they did today. And yes, with Chelsea suffering from "scoring goals out the wazzoo," 6-0 scorelines are going to be needed.

If he's good, then give qualiteis that Walcott has shown consistently since he signed for Arsenal that are better than the majority of Premeir League players in position other than pace and explain how to "properly rate players".

Actually I'd like to see the explanation too as at the moment he's merely proving my theory with that last post. That EPL fans are easily pleased by Englishmen.

HHTK, problem is, despite the money and occasional shoch the Premiership isn't that strong a league outside the top couple of sides (same reason we mock the Scots ironically), it's starting to open up ever so slightly now these days but we'll see how long that lasts. You can go a long way with very limited abilities over here and a few top quality players can do everything towards bringing relative success to a team case in point Arsenal, for all the glory nothing in 5 years. Look at how piss poor Liverpool were last year when their two big boys were missing (either injured or just out of form).

Walcott is average. As a right winger he's very average. Like the definition of it. His performances aren't usually any better than most right wingers but not much worse either. And if he didn't have pace he'd probably be working in McDonalds. For two seasons Malouda was also average.

Edited by Pesci

Walcott is average. As a right winger he's very average. Like the definition of it. His performances aren't usually any better than most right wingers but not much worse either. And if he didn't have pace he'd probably be working in McDonalds. For two seasons Malouda was also average.

He wouldn't be in the fast food industry if he didn't have the pace :/

• Like 6

He wouldn't be in the fast food industry if he didn't have the pace :/

Excellent.

Actually pal, Arsenal never seem to play to the level of opponents above them. How badly did Chelski and Man U clobber your boys? :pervert:

And the year before they split with them in the season ...

Of course, when you're at the table position that WH is in, it's all laughs huh ? :P

HHTK, problem is, despite the money and occasional shoch the Premiership isn't that strong a league outside the top couple of sides (same reason we mock the Scots ironically), it's starting to open up ever so slightly now these days but we'll see how long that lasts. You can go a long way with very limited abilities over here and a few top quality players can do everything towards bringing relative success to a team case in point Arsenal, for all the glory nothing in 5 years. Look at how piss poor Liverpool were last year when their two big boys were missing (either injured or just out of form).

You can say that about any of the "top" leagues though. So the term "strong league" really comes down to an individuals perception of strong.

I mean, I think it's a pretty good barometer of the league when Arsenal who, for all the glory can't get shit in the last five years ... but still manages at minimum the Quarters of the CL (save one round of 16 their worst performance in the last 5yrs) .... and oh by the way, the EPL has dominated the CL in that time frame. Your top clubs don't pull that off if the rest of the league really isn't that strong.