Official Premier League 2010/11 thread

Man I HATE Wolves. Dirty, 10 men behind the ball, counter attack, relying on goalkeeping heroics. :angry:

Keane + Jenas = lots of pain. No idea why we can't break down teams who stick everyone behind the ball. Wigan the other week and Wolves today. Possibly should've had a pen though so 1-0 is about right but not acceptable.

How the hell do Wolves think it's ok to jump into a goalie's foot when he's kicking it clear?! Van Damme could have broken Cudicini's foot. Their right back too taking out Bale, apalling. I'm worried that I'm going to be agreeing with Wenger about terrible tackling, especially from Wolves.

Newcastle are being really quite weird with their results this season. It's Chelsea's Carling Cup match against them next week and I have no idea whether they're going to give Chelsea ('s team full of reserve players) a run for their money or just roll over and die.

Newcastle are being really quite weird with their results this season. It's Chelsea's Carling Cup match against them next week and I have no idea whether they're going to give Chelsea ('s team full of reserve players) a run for their money or just roll over and die.

Well they won today, so I'd fully expect them to roll over and die next week. They were even with Accrington at half in the last round, remember.

At least that means Newcastle will come out swinging against Stoke to bring us up to 10 points... right?

It's a pretty good time to be a Newcastle supporter at the moment. We've shown that we're physically capable of beating the occasional team or two and that we're probably tough enough to survive whilst getting rid of our habit of signing piss poor players on high wages.

Also, Ben Arfa will cost only £6m at the end of the season (and we can choose to not take up that offer if he becomes the next Emre between now and next summer) from the looks of things that may well be a steal.

EDIT: Also we're back to being bi-polar but more positive bi-polar than negative bi-polar <_<

Edited by The General

It's a pretty good time to be a Newcastle supporter at the moment. We've shown that we're physically capable of beating the occasional team or two and that we're probably tough enough to survive whilst getting rid of our habit of signing piss poor players on high wages.

Also, Ben Arfa will cost only £6m at the end of the season (and we can choose to not take up that offer if he becomes the next Emre between now and next summer) from the looks of things that may well be a steal.

EDIT: Also we're back to being bi-polar but more positive bi-polar than negative bi-polar <_<

Finishing 12th never sounded so good as it does this year.

I do agree, things are looking up for the first time in a long while as a Newcastle supporter.

The Fantasy Football playing side of stokerino:

...I am really starting to hate Darren Bent and his late goals. His penalty against Man City cost me a clean sheet for Kompany, and now he costs me twice as much with a 95th minute equaliser against my two Arsenal defenders. Cock! :angry:

The Chelsea supporting side of stokerino:

DARREN BENT YOU BEAUTY!!! :wub:

As a result of my own curiosity (and enjoyment found in stat-crunching), I've created a league table of how each club has performed so far in comparison with the same fixtures last season. So for example, Fulham drew at home to Wolves last season but won this year. So whereas Fulham took 1 point from the fixture last time, they took all 3 this time, meaning the receive a '+2' in this table. Conversely, Wolves receive a '-1'. It sort of measures how improved clubs may or may not be.

Concerning the relegated/promoted teams: When comparing fixtures between the two seasons, the relegated/promoted teams are substituted in parallel to how they finished last season. So as Portsmouth finished bottom of the relegated teams last year, they are substituted for Blackpool, who were promoted via the playoffs. Burnley = Newcastle and Hull = West Brom in the same way.

The 3 promoted teams are not included in the main table because their plus/minus figures really mean nothing. However, they are included underneath...in case the information that Blackpool are currently performing 3 points better than Portsmouth did last season is of some value to someone. :shifty:

So here is the table as of yesterday (I won't add in this weekend's fixtures until they've all been played):

1) +5 Chelsea
2) +2 Aston Villa
3) +2 Birmingham City
4) +2 Manchester United
5) +1 Arsenal
6) +1 Blackburn Rovers
7) +1 Liverpool
8) +1 Stoke City
9) -1 Wolverhampton Wanderers
10) -2 Bolton Wanderers
11) -2 Fulham
12) -2 Manchester City