Official Premier League 2010/11 thread

Roy has only been here for a few months and he's already starting to sound like Houllier did during his final six months or so.

I don't think he'll last the season.

Seriously, who the hell did you think you would get as manager?

Last minute winners rule. (H)

Roy has only been here for a few months and he's already starting to sound like Houllier did during his final six months or so.

I thought the best we'd be able to get was Hodgson, which is why I thought it was suicide to sack a two-time La Liga winner and Champions League winner who, in the previous 18 months or so had been courted by AC Milan, Juventus, Real Madrid and Bayern Munich, and who then went on to be appointed manager of Italian and European champions Inter Milan barely days after he'd been forced out of the club.

That being said, Pellegrini has spoken about how he would have liked the job, but the Liverpool board 'wanted an English manager.'

Ridiculously good set of results for United today. I await their rolling over of Bolton, followed the the obligatory pundit(s) gushing over them in some respect. Probably Berbatov-related.

It's the way it works: if Chelsea are no longer 'awesome', then United have to be. There are no other possible angles for pundits to take. :shifty:

I thought the best we'd be able to get was Hodgson, which is why I thought it was suicide to sack a two-time La Liga winner and Champions League winner who, in the previous 18 months or so had been courted by AC Milan, Juventus, Real Madrid and Bayern Munich, and who then went on to be appointed manager of Italian and European champions Inter Milan barely days after he'd been forced out of the club.

That being said, Pellegrini has spoken about how he would have liked the job, but the Liverpool board 'wanted an English manager.'

Rafa was always going to go, which is the bastard of it all.

Well, I've just seen the crazy goal from the Liverpool game on Football First, and after being initially sympathetic to Sunderland (hard to say as a Newcastle supporter) based on what I'd heard on Soccer Saturday etc, having watched it all I can think is what is Michael Turner thinking?

The ball gets played back to exactly where the foul was committed, Turner controls it, stands over it for a second or two as if readying to take the free kick, then randomly backheels it into space five yards behind him while his keeper is in his area 30 yards away. Its a bit harsh, but what the fuck was he playing at?

Same typical shit. Chelsea finally drop points and we cant be bothered to win a game we should have won yet again.

I'd love to ask SAF why he's got an erection for O'Shit. The guy has been beyond useless in every fucking game. Cost us yet again today, shit defending, shit attacking and terrible positioning. Why he's playing ahead of Rafael I'll never know. The only pluses to come out of today's game was another lovely goal from Nani and Owen once again getting on the score sheet. Please get well Rio.