Official Premier League 2010/11 thread

Fair play to Newcastle. That's how you win a local derby in style.

You don't play free defensive midfielders at home for fuck sake. Houllier may sort these issues out at Villa. Already fans are calling for his head. His selection today was embarrassingly poor.

Edited by ONO

The fans calling for his head are not really fans then. Houllier has done a good job so far. Yeah we struggled today but you cannot blame him for putting Ireland on the bench. We need a midfielder with guile and creativity and a decent finisher up front.

The fans calling for his head are not really fans then. Houllier has done a good job so far. Yeah we struggled today but you cannot blame him for putting Ireland on the bench. We need a midfielder with guile and creativity and a decent finisher up front.

3 points off relegation. No movement in midfield. Can't score whatsoever. Played like the away team when we were at home. So embarrassing to watch. Fucking glad I didn't go to the pub and watch that tripe.

Fantastic result for Newcastle. Nolan will get the praise no doubt, but it was a really good team performance. Defensively that's the best I've seen us play in ages, to keep Bent and Gyan that quiet. Lovely to see Bramble sent off too.

Edited by Ben E.

3 points of fifth also. Its tight everywhere. Why judge a manager on one bad performance? Up till today we have been playing brilliant just not putting the ball in the net.

Missed the Burnley or Sunderland game? Who have just been beaten 5-1. Something is clearly not working.

3 points of fifth also. Its tight everywhere. Why judge a manager on one bad performance? Up till today we have been playing brilliant just not putting the ball in the net.

Missed the Burnley or Sunderland game? Who have just been beaten 5-1. Something is clearly not working.

The same Sunderland that beat City and got draws against Liverpool, Arsenal and United. They got slaughtered today, but why you're bringing up that game is beyond me. Then again, it was only a few weeks ago you was saying shit such as Villa need to get rid of Friedel (one of the best keepers in the league and arguably the most important player you've had over the last couple of years).

Fantastic result for Newcastle. Hoping that Bolton can get something against Liverpool too, if only just to help me in the bookie.

The same Sunderland that beat City and got draws against Liverpool, Arsenal and United. They got slaughtered today, but why you're bringing up that game is beyond me. Then again, it was only a few weeks ago you was saying shit such as Villa need to get rid of Friedel (one of the best keepers in the league and arguably the most important player you've had over the last couple of years).

Fantastic result for Newcastle. Hoping that Bolton can get something against Liverpool too, if only just to help me in the bookie.

Don't talk bollocks. I said Friedel might be past it because he had 3 games in which he was woeful. :lmao:

Posted 22 August 2010 - 02:03 PM

Disgusting. Time to dump Friedel and John fucking Carew. Useless wanker.

That is what you said, basically having a tantrum becase Villa/Friedel had a bad game. So yes, yes you did say they should 'get rid of him'.

:w00t:

Where in my last post did I deny saying we should get rid of Friedel? He had 3 fucking disastrous games, plus he's getting old.

No i saw all Burnely and Sunderland game. We played really well. Like i said, the only thing that was missing was us putting our chances away. We need a top class striker who can put the ball in the net. Other than that we have been playing well.

No i saw all Burnely and Sunderland game. We played really well. Like i said, the only thing that was missing was us putting our chances away. We need a top class striker who can put the ball in the net. Other than that we have been playing well.

You can play well all the time but if you don't get the points on the board you are in trouble. You are right though we do need a new striker and a new midfielder. I don't think Houllier rates Ireland.

The problem is that everyones knee-jerk these days, and too many people believe what they hear on Sky, Match of the Day or read in the papers. Aparently Roy Hodgson was a great manager, and is now a terrible manager. Man City were title contenders despite only being up there due to horrendous refereeing against Newcastle and Blackpool. Gerard Houlier isn't good enough after 3-4 games. Bookies had stopped taking bets on Chris Hughton being sacked seemingly based solely on quotes from Joe fucking Kinnear. Brad Friedel isn't a good keeper? He's in the top 5 in the current Premiership, I'd snap him up, finally get him his game at Newcastle after nigh on 20 years of waiting (was on our books but we couldn't get a work permit...).

Mass media these days needs nonsense to fill it, and most of it needs to be taken with a pinch of salt. The league is far too tight to be panicking about relegation at the moment, and barring Chelsea, Arsenal and Man Utd picking up points pretty much everything else is up for grabs.