Official Premier League 2010/11 thread

Slightly confused by SSN's current headlines of 'Mario Balotelli accepts red card' and 'Balotelli will appeal ban'. I assume he's appealling the violent conduct, so how can he accept the red too? Is he accepting it as a second yellow?

Probably because he's not English, isn't named Fernando Torres and for some reason the world likes to maintain that Lucas = rubbish, just because he wasn't a fantastic player three years ago.

I think you actually have to be Makelele to get much respect in that kind of role. Hard tacklers are accepted, but it's only once players like him get to the stage of virtually never giving the ball away that they get much respect. Denilson had/has the same problem.

Edited by -A-

He's quality, and he's got bollocks of steel. Booed by his own fans, mocked almost constantly since arriving, and was nearly forced out in the summer so we could sign Carlton shitting Cole - and yet he's still been one of our better, most consistent performers over the last 18 months.

If more of our players had his attitude we'd be much, much better off.

Yeah. I'm sure Tevez is devastated to have missed out on those League Cup and Community Shield wins. :shifty:

Not sure about the Chelsea game tonight. Everyone's banding around statistics like "FULHAM HAVEN'T WON AN AWAY GAME IN A BAJILLION YEARS" - but they have become the Kings of Draws, and a draw would still be an awful result for us.

I may end up watching the Manchester Darby and Liverpool/Wigan at the same time.

I honestly enjoy watching that game every time I see it. Almost contemplated lighting a fire so I won't be frozen in the sitting room when I do. I haven't though. :shifty:

Just realised that the weather is forecast to be cold and, more importantly, windy tonight. Fuck.

My seat, you see, is right in front of Gate 7, which is right in front of the entrance to the Shed Upper, which is right in front of a walled path down to Fulham Road. All of this creates an absolutely massive wind tunnel that, even on relatively mild and calm days, freezes the back of my head off.

Add wind and the temperatures of a November evening to the mix, and I may just become an icicle.