Official Premier League 2010/11 thread

Why Pardew? Why not bring in Martin Jol or even Alan Curbishley? I really don't understand how Mike Ashley works, he cant expect Newcastle to come up from The Championship and immediatly challenge for the top 6! Newcastled needed to be relegated to show them no team is too big for The Premier League, this in turn should have said to Ashley that the club needs consistency in the back in order to rebuild NUFC. So, with Hughton winning back immediate promotion, gaining a cup knockout of Chelsea, drawing with them in the league 1-1, defeated Aston Villa 6-0, hammering rivals Sunderland 5-1 and earning a 1-0 win away to Arsenal - Finishing with Newcastle 11th in the league - Mike Ashley decides to sack him.

I'll give Pardew (who in my opinion is some sort of stop gap) one year then he's out. Mike Ashley has done himself no favors and is continuing to make a mockery out of Newcastle United.

I hope to god Carrick doesn't play on Monday night, but considering we'll probably go with 3 CM's, I would imagine he'd be in alongside Anderson and Fletcher, if Scholes doesn't make it.

I'd take Giggs in the centre ahead of Carrick. He needs time out of the team again I think. The last time he was dropped, he played well upon his return.

Fletcher's been off form and maybe not match fit, Carrick's the only other player that will shield the back four cause Andersons going to be bursting forward, if we had Valencia fit maybe Park could have gone central but I think as you said it'll be 3 CM's(Carrick,Fletch,Ando) with Nani,Park on the wings and Rooney up front with the option of Berbatov on the bench.

If there is any manager in the Premier League doing a worse job than Chris Hughton and still in the job, could you raise your hand please?

Roy_Hodgson_1409480c.jpg

That's all I have to say about that.

I know Hodgson has to take his share of the blame, but all three goals that Liverpool conceded today were through no fault of his - just awful, awful defending.

At 1-1 for half an hour we retreated, sat back and played for the draw. Individually you might not be able to blame the manager for the goals (although he did sign Konchesky) but that could be used as a defence for every game every manager has ever lost - he might not have been at fault for the actual goals, but his the system he instructed the players to use meant we were more likely to concede than score.

Roy Hodgson has about 12 away wins in 100-odd away matches in the English leagues. He is clearly doing something incredibly wrong.

Edited by therockbox.

No offense mate, but Nile Ranger has all the attributes to cause anyone problems. Coming on fresh with half an hour to go with his pace, height and power he'd have given Carragher or Agger similar.

Edited by Colly