Official Premier League 2010/11 thread

Andy Carroll's goal yesterday was the result of some seriously awful, awful defending. That said, it was a hell of a finish. Carroll's looking pretty good. I hope he gets a few more caps for England, because I'd love to see him prove himself.

Edited by Split Second

But he's really shit.

He's 19 year old and has barely played a game...

Andy Carroll's goal yesterday was the result of some seriously awful, awful defending. That said, it was a hell of a finish. Carroll's looking pretty good. I hope he gets a few more caps for England, because I'd love to see him prove himself.

Liverpool defenders buying into the 'Andy Carroll is a beanpole who can only score headers' myth. Loved it.

STUART MOTHERFUCKIN HOLDEN~!

Seriously, love Holden. Owen Coyle has done a tremendous job at Bolton since he took over, and can't help but root for Bolton at this point. Plus, I always love seeing Fat Sam lose. Don't mind Blackburn; just hate Sam.

• Like 1

STUART MOTHERFUCKIN HOLDEN~!

This. Just wish he wasn't at Bolton. Fucking hate Bolton, except you know, when they beat Blackburn/ManU/Chelsea/Liverpool :shifty:

At least Liverpool aren't the token 'comedy team' in the league anymore

Until they're above, and not below/on par with the Pardew led Newcastle it seems to me that they'd still be the comedy team.

How are Ramires and Meireles doing in England?

Meireles has been quality when he's been played in central midfield, and since Gerrard's injury has formed a very, very good partnership with Lucas.

Unfortunately when Gerrard plays he generally gets shifted out onto the right wing, where he looks lost and struggles to get into the game (surprise surprise).

Edited by therockbox.

No offense mate, but Nile Ranger has all the attributes to cause anyone problems. Coming on fresh with half an hour to go with his pace, height and power he'd have given Carragher or Agger similar.

Most people with pace can give Carragher trouble to be honest. It's not an achievement.

Great, great match. One of the best this season has offered. So glad Gomes made up for his second fuck up of the night, 'cause I was sure Drogba would slot that penalty in.

Now it's time to get pumped about tomorrow night. Just watched a bunch of old United/Arsenal highlights, including the van Nistelrooy incident at OT and the 2-0 win a year later. I can't wait.

I feel great about that result. I don't even care about the penalty miss and the fact that we could have won it.

That was the first match in weeks where we actually improved our performance in the second half over the first. The second half was the first time in weeks when I felt like I was watching the real Chelsea again.

Frank is back. Dider has shown he can still perform. Bring on United and Arsenal.

...yes, bring on United moving three points clear of you tomorrow night, then six after next Sunday with a game in hand.

Yes, I'm a bit optimistic.

Oh, and more from Tevez;

Carlos Tevez has insisted he will leave Manchester City because his relations with "certain executives" at the club have "broken down beyond repair".

City have rejected a transfer request from the Argentina striker who has cited family reasons for wanting to depart from Eastlands.

Tevez, 26, claimed he has "no personal issue" with manager Roberto Mancini.

But he said: "It is something I have felt for some time and have spent many hours thinking this through."

In a statement issued on Sunday, Tevez thanked Man City owner Sheikh Mansour for his "understanding and support".

He revealed that he first asked to leave the Blues this summer and claimed he was dissuaded by long-time advisor Kia Joorabchian.

City's hierarchy have pointed the finger at the Iranian businessman, describing his actions in relation to Tevez's situation as "disappointing".

But Tevez said: "I hugely resent suggestions that I have been unduly influenced by others. I wanted to leave in the summer, but was convinced to return. Sadly, my feelings have not changed.

"I am disappointed that the management should now see fit to try to portray the situation in another light.

"My relationship with certain executives and individuals at the club has broken down and is now beyond repair. I do not wish to expand on this at this stage. They know, because I have told them."

Just posted on BBC.

EDIT: A quick translation of the above is "sub me, and I'll bitch and moan until some other team is willing to put up with my shit."

I thought once he joined United, the petulant side of him would disappear, but it didn't take him long to start whinging, and hasn't taken long at City either. Just fuck off back to Argentina, Carlos, and do everyone a favour.