Official Premier League 2010/11 thread

Oh yeah I forgot about the testimonial, it's good though cos it means pretty much everyone is gonna get some game time before the final. Just no injuries now please!

There was a similar sort of story a couple seasons back when we played Hull on the last day and Fergie put out a very weakened side but I don't recall him getting fined then? We won 1-0 though IIRC.

So Ferguson will be fined by the FA for fielding a weakened team against Blackpool, yeah? Assuming he does of course.

This is the argument from the smaller teams.

Because the top sides generally have bigger/more experienced squads, when they chop and change, it goes unpunished because the players are easily recognisable, regardless of whether or not they're first choice.

There's been a few occasions this season where Fergie's made 6 or 7 changes, so I don't think anything will happen whatever team he picks to face Blackpool.

A small part of me does want them to stay up they are ridiculously entertaining, is there anyway they can stay up even if they lose at Old Trafford?

Nope. However, a draw could do it, providing Birmingham lose to both Fulham and Tottenham. Not impossible, but I could see them getting something against Fulham.

I hope Blackpool stay up. If there's justice in football, they will.

I hope Wigan win today and Birmingham lose just so that we can have a ridiculously tight bottom of the league on the last day. Plus it would send the Hammers down, who are pretty much gone anyway XD

I don't think you have to differentiate between same shirts anymore. It's optional as far as I know. It's why you see some the Taylors at Newcastle with initial but Ashley Young with none for Aston Villa.