Official Premier League 2010/11 thread

Because two players are tied and there needs to be a way of deciding who gets it. I think it's whoever does it in the least games at the moment, or goals per minute ratio, or something like that.

Edited by Pesci

• Admin
West Ham first-team coach and temporary boss Kevin Keen has declared his interest in taking the West Ham manager's job on a permanent basis.

Keen, 41, will led the relegated Hammers against Sunderland on Sunday after Avram Grant's dismissal.

"I would love the opportunity to speak to the owners and [chief executive] Karren Brady and give my views about the future," he told BBC Radio 5 live.

"Maybe in the future I will be given a opportunity to turn it around."

Keen progressed through the club's academy to play for West Ham for 10 years between 1983 and 1993 and believes combining the club's young players with their traditional values is the best route out of the Championship.

"This is my club. People say claret and blue runs through your veins and that is very much me," he said.

"I think we have got a superb young bunch of footballers coming through in he likes of James Tomkins, Junior Stanislas, Zavon Hines, Freddie Sears, Jack Collison and Jordan Spence.

"There is a real opportunity to go back to the days of pass and move and make sure people tackle like [former player and manager] Billy Bonds and want to run through brick walls for this football club."

It has been estimated that West Ham's relegation will involve a loss of income for the club of up to £50m.

And West Ham, who were £110m in debt according to owner David Sullivan when he took control in January 2010, are likely to sell their more established stars to compensate for reduced revenues in the second tier.

Gold has admitted that it will be "very difficult" to keep England internationals such as Scott Parker, Rob Green and Carlton Cole at the club.

The contracts of Matthew Upson, Kieron Dyer, Danny Gabbidon and Lars Jacobsen all expire this season.

Striker Demba Ba may also attract bids from Premier League clubs with a record of seven goals in 12 top-flight games since signing from Hoffenheim in January.

Keen defended the Senegalese international and denied reports that he had refused to sign autographs at the club's end-of-season dinner, provoking an altercation with fans.

"Demba Ba has been so unfairly criticised. It is unbelievable," said Keen.

"He signed the gentleman's autograph who then unfortunately made some sort of comment about his race and then it was all over and done with in 20 seconds."

I think they may just go with him, having listened to what Gold said about 'wanting someone who understands the East End'. If not him then I reckon Hughton will get it.

The Blackpool match could be the last time Wes Brown,Van Der Sar and Paul Scholes play a Premier League game at Old Trafford, hope they all get a great ovation

All legends without a doubt, I'm just gutted Wes won't be getting a winners medal because he hasn't played enough games. Will be Owen's last game too I'd imagine, he's obviously not in the same league as the aforementioned three but his winning goal against City will hold him our hearts for years to come. I'm glad we're giving him the winner's medal that Liverpool never could.

Also just heard on SSN that Berbatov and Tevez have both had a goal taken off them from the dubious goal panel, they're both on 20 now.

What're people's opinions on Owen? I seem to really like the guy and root for him whenever he seems to be on Man United. The guy's just likeable and I'd love to see him go to a smaller Premiership Team if United don't renew his contact.

I'd love us to keep him, but I'm not sure that's best for him. He's hardly getting a look in right now with Rooney, Berbatov and Hernandez around. Come next season, you can add Macheda and Welbeck to that list and any other potential buy in the market. I just cant see him getting much time what so ever next season.

So while I really like the guy and think he can still perform well, it might just be a better idea for him to move so that he's getting regular game time.

Owen's had the perfect attitude over the last two years, meaning that he was willing to work hard and be there when called upon, irrespective of how many games he gets. If he's willing to stay and continue to play a bit part then I'd take him in an instance, but if he wants to go and get a club that will guarantee him regular first team football then I'd be happy to see him go. I guess it's all down to what Owen wants, but I have a feeling that the type of player he is he'll go at the end of the season, and it wouldn't suprise me one bit with a good run in someone's first team that he'd be amongst the goals again, aslong as he stays fit mind!

Owen left a sour taste in my mouth after his final season at Newcastle. He was meant to be our captain and genuinely looked like he didn't give a fuck what happened to the club despite raking in£100,0000+ per week being injured most of his time there thanks to England and raking in. Refusing to sign a contract and refusing to admitting to wanting to leave in the summer in January too pissed me off. His last game at Villa coming on and with the club desperately needing a goal, he fluttered around for a while looking about as dangerous as a lamb was just embarrassing.

He rightfully got boo'd at SJP when he came back I think.

• Like 1

To be fair, I wouldn't have wanted to stick around at Newcastle in that season. Also, you can't blame the man for not signing a contract at a team who looked like they might get relegated when he was more than capable of playing Premiership football.

Never quite agreed with the Liverpool fans booing Owen when we've been to Anfield, I just don't get why you'd boo a player who scored so many goals for your club? It would be like United fans booing Andy Cole just because he played for City.

Because he's a self interested gobshite who fucked the club out of what should have been a massive transfer fee by lying throughout the season regarding his intentions. Has nothing to do with him playing for your lot now, he was booed when he came back as a Newcastle player as well.

Going to Manchester United meant nothing, Liverpool fans couldn't have had a lower opinion of him at that point.

• Like 2