Official Premier League 2010/11 thread

I know they're not the most fashionable side but I don't know how anyone can say Wigan are "undeserving." When they first came up they were every bit the darlings of the league that Blackpool were this season only difference being they managed to stay up.

They lost fewer games than Liverpool this season who finished 6th, for that alone they deserved to stay up. Credit where credit is due.

Except they couldn't fill their stadium and they played awful football, no they weren't the same as Blackpool. People use the word undeserving for the want of a better word, quite clearly they do deserve to be in the Premier League as they won promotion fairly and have managed to stay in the Premier League fairly, but the point is they're punching well above their weight and it's really annoying. Plus Dave Whelan's a cunt.

And apparently Andre Villas Boas is the front runner for the Chelsea job, assuming Hiddink doesn't want it. Will Abramovich really trust a young manager who's never even managed in the Champions League to spend a lot of money?

Size...of...crowds...does...not...matter. Thought even Leeds fans were starting to understand this?

I quite like Wigan. Martinez goes about things the right way and I'm glad they've stayed up for another year. They've done remarkably well to retain top flight status for 6 years now.

Except if you'd read the rest of my paragraph you'd realise that I clearly paraphrased that. Quite clearly it doesn't matter, it is however, fucking annoying seeing tiny grounds half filled in the Premier League which claims to be the biggest and best league in the world. Is that grounds for relegation, no, but at the same time I'd be happy to see the back of them.

[insert obligatory we filled your ground/Wembley for you comment] :P

Hopefully that 30 minutes extra holiday Newcastle decided to take will benefit us next season. :shifty:

• Like 1

Sounds like maybe 6 or 7 could leave Spurs then WITHOUT it affecting the starting eleven.

So for next season I guess I'd want...

NEW KEEPER

Corluka/Walker

Dawson

Gallas/Kaboul/King/Woodgate (on a pay per play if he wants it - Harry says he's still great but Levy might not want to spend the cash on keeping him)

Assou-Ekotto/Rose (who looked great yesterday)

Then a mixture of Lennon/VdV/Bale/Modric/Huddlestone/Sandro

NEW STRIKER

Keep Crouch for a plan B. Pav actually looked good yesterday.

We've got some great back-up players but they're gonna want more first team football which just won't be possible at Spurs, especially as some decent youngsters are coming through. So no doubt it's bye-bye to all those who are being talked about - Jenas, Keane, O'Hara, Bentley, Kranjcar, Palacios, Defoe maybe...

I wish we could keep Kranjcar but he just doesn't get the minutes. If Jenas left then he would be the first choice midfield sub for sure but I doubt he'd be happy with that. Shame.

For Europa League group stage I heard press rumours that Spurs may play some younger players. Van der Vaart is going on about loving playing every 3 days or so and there are suggestions on a Spurs forum that he may have a "if you're fit you play" clause in his contract. Therefore my personal dream for Europa League next season would be Cudicini, Woodgate, Kranjcar and Van der Vaart leading some of the younger players (like Rose, Townsend and Walker) through a Europa League campaign. That's just my romantic side though. Still, I can dream.

Saw this on a blog

The "worst Manchester United side in years" :

1. Won the league by 9 points

2. Contains the Premier League’s top scorer (21).

3. Enjoyed the best home form in Sir Alex Ferguson’s reign, winning 18 and drawing 1.

4. Picked up more points than the Treble winning side of 1999.

5. Booked a place in the European Cup final.

6. Contains the player with the most Premier League assists (18).

7. Lost 4 games, which was at least 4 games less than any other club.

8. Scored more goals than any other club (78).

9. Failed to score in just 5 games, which was less than any other club.