Man Attempts To Kill Counter-Strike Rival... For Real

Benji

A Counter-Strike player in France has spent six months plotting a revenge attack against a man who beat him in an in-game knife fight. His eventual revenge was not in-game.

20 year-old Julien Barreaux, from Cambrai, had his Counter-Strike character "knifed" in a game late last year against another man, known only as "Mikhael". Enraged at this blight against his talents, Barreaux spent six months tracking him down in the real world.

When he eventually found the victim, Barreaux knocked on the guy's front door, then "plunged a kitchen knife into his chest" when Mikhael opened it to greet him. He missed his heart by an inch.

A local police officer told the courts "Barreaux was arrested within the hour and told us he had wanted to see his rival wiped out for killing off his character."

The judge, who locked him up for two years on a charge of causing grievous bodily harm, says of Barreaux, "You are a menace to society. I am frankly terrified of the disproportionate reaction you could have if someone looked at you the wrong way in the street."

- Taken from Kotaku

The good news is that he won't be able to knife anyone in prison, I'm pretty sure shivs aren't in Counter-Strike.

Law's like that probably should have been charged with Attempted Murder but you gotta prove all stuff to it and some elements might not been able to be proven. Whereas he got charged with GBH which is pretty much a foregone conclusion to prove.

lol, France

On a more serious note, wow. The guy needs some help, but damn, talk about taking it to an extent.

TAKING IT TO AN EXTREME. :angry:

If he had written a strongly worded note, called him names, told his mum, threatened him and then stabbed him would have been the full extent of crazy, this is taking it to an extreme.

Kids, stay in school and learn how to use your own langauge properly... OR YOU'LL END UP FRENCH AND STABBED, LIKE THIS GUY :angry:

• Like 1

See, it doesn't make sense either. He killed off his "character"? You don't HAVE a character in Counter-Strike, you respawn immediately or after the round is over, you don't get attached to your fucking character. His opponent must have rubbed it in his face big time and obviously the French dude is a total psycho.

See, it doesn't make sense either. He killed off his "character"? You don't HAVE a character in Counter-Strike, you respawn immediately or after the round is over, you don't get attached to your fucking character. His opponent must have rubbed it in his face big time and obviously the French dude is a total psycho.

THAT'S what doesn't make sense? I wasn't aware any of this case made sense from a rational standpoint

• Like 1

Hah, I'm not worried. We both know as soon as you attack me, seven other guys will converge on your position and put you down cold. Several times, if necessary :shifty:

lol, France

On a more serious note, wow. The guy needs some help, but damn, talk about taking it to an extent.

TAKING IT TO AN EXTREME. :angry:

If he had written a strongly worded note, called him names, told his mum, threatened him and then stabbed him would have been the full extent of crazy, this is taking it to an extreme.

Kids, stay in school and learn how to use your own langauge properly... OR YOU'LL END UP FRENCH AND STABBED, LIKE THIS GUY :angry:

As you're a veritable professor on the subject, I guess you're familiar with the term "irony"?

:shifty:

Anyway, yeah. This is a bit weird, bit like that guy in Japan who hacked some dude up with a katana for stealing some loot in an MMO (I don't think it was WoW in this case, but I'm sure someone has done something similar and blamed it on WoW too).