2010 College Football Thread

With my faith in the CFB God's non-existant at this point ....

GO FUCKING AUBURN ! ... I want as many problems for the NCAA and the BCS as possible. Fuck them both right in the ass. You know, like Auburn did to SC last night.

Oh and .... UCONN ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. So my "surprise" pick for the MAC (Miami,OH) played for the MAC Title and my pick to win the Big East, won the Big East ! If only they'd all gone according to plan.

I'm actually more interested in the "non" BCS Bowl schedule this year.

Oh, and I can say it this year ... the PAC sucks this year. Two 11 win teams ..... USC at 8-5 and Zona at 7-5 ... and then uh yeah. Fucking Washington at 6-6 is third place in the conference. Horrid year for the Pac.

In what was supposed to be a down year for the Big 12, only Texas shit the bed. Four 10 win teams and A&M at 9 wins and they beat both teams in the Title game. And more than likely will get UCONN in the Fiesta the lucky bastards. Of course they thought they were getting lucky with Boise St too.

Even though OkSt has a better record by one game it sounds like the Cotton Bowl is going to invite A&M to try and set up an A&M/LSU bout. I'd love the shit out of that, I miss that game every year.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5896191

So, Mustache is done at Pitt. Sounds like he was going to get the axe and chose to bow out on his own. The dude is an awesome recruiter. He brought some really impressive talent to that school, just couldn't coach them up to potential.

Guest Mr. Potato Head

Miami rumoured to be looking at bringing in Marc Trestman from the Montreal Alouettes. Online Miami fans seem to think this is the bottom of the barrel, despite the fact that Trestman was able to (briefly) turn Jake Plummer and Scott Mitchell into stars. This guy came to the CFL a few years ago after a lifetime of work in American football and quickly picked it up and became the best coach in the country, there's no doubt he could succeed in the US.

Miami rumoured to be looking at bringing in Marc Trestman from the Montreal Alouettes. Online Miami fans seem to think this is the bottom of the barrel, despite the fact that Trestman was able to (briefly) turn Jake Plummer and Scott Mitchell into stars. This guy came to the CFL a few years ago after a lifetime of work in American football and quickly picked it up and became the best coach in the country, there's no doubt he could succeed in the US.

Miami is going through the same complex Notre Dame is going through. They think their head coaching position is the most sought after job in the country, when it's not anymore. Still, there may not be an easier hotbed to recruit out of than Miami. You don't have to drive more than an hour in each direction to field a top-ten team. Randy Shannon just couldn't coach them up to their potential, just like Mustache in Pitt.

I don't see that being a good move for Golden. He was MADE at Temple.

Also, things have officially bottomed out at Texas:

Pat Forde

Highlight on coaching staff:

Today, Texas is lurching through a disorienting December. After a disastrous 5-7 season, there is no bowl game for the first time since 1997. Meanwhile, Brown's staff is in disarray following the forced resignation of longtime offensive coordinator Greg Davis, the forced retirements of line coaches Mac McWhorter and Mike Tolleson, and the abrupt defection Saturday by Muschamp to take over as head coach at Florida.

Wait..Temple didn't get a bowl invite? Yea...I can see how going 8-4 would result in that happening :angry:

The Big Ten will be split into two divisions, Leaders and Legends. The Leaders Division is Illinois, Indiana, Ohio State, Penn State, Wisconsin and Purdue. The Legends division is Northwestern, Michigan State, Nebraska, Michigan, Iowa and Minnesota. The championship trophy is the Stagg-Paterno trophy.

The new logo

63228_10150104542665719_77269230718_7466171_1974223_n.jpg