The Thread Where ONO Cries Himself to Sleep

Lineker

And this is why I want Grant gone. Your team performs incredible in the first half, and then they come out flat after the half, when you KNOW McLeish is going to fire his boys up. That means you have to do the same, Avram. Make them hungrier than what they were in the first half. Now you have to pin yourself back in your own half, at home, for the rest of the match, and hope you can keep a 1-1 draw, or maybe get a lucky counter and still win (which is so unlikely). Because if we go to St. Andrews already losing, we're not going to the finals.

Be fair to West Ham - after that first half performance, Birmingham had no choice BUT to perform better. Plus losing Obina to a stupid red card had put them on the back foot for a while.

And as I say that, West Ham score. Bad by Foster, but the defending by Birmingham has been dire tonight.

Wow. What a HUGE, lucky break. Carlton Cole actually put a shot on target!? I'm speechless. Hopefully we can pull this out of our ass because despite my dislike for Grant, I want us to somehow have the lead heading to St. Andrews.

Lol at SHA. Honestly. The biggest game in their history and they couldn't even sell out their allocation for a cup semi-final. They also can't even sell out their stadium for the derby on Sunday which is why they have given Villa extra tickets as of yesterday.

Forget about all that though. 14 minutes in and all they could sing (for those that actually bothered to go to the game) was shit on the Villa. :lol:

Laughably small time alright.

Haha John 'o' Shea must seriously be the worst United player of all time.

Yeah not like he's ever done anything useful

Look O'Shea has been very very poor this season but let's not forget what he's done for the club, he's been thrown in to the deep end when we didn't have the luxury of good youth players like Rafael and he's done a job. in Ronaldo's final season we won the league because of our mean defense and O'Shea was an integral part and he didn't embarrass himself in the Champions League Final against Thierry Henry.

Real life isn't FM you can't load the team with great players.

What a class goal. I remember that season O'Shea scored 4 goals from 5 shots throughout the whole season and had the highest goals to shot ratio in the whole of Europe! :) He has been an integral servant to United for years, a great squad player who I think any club would love to have.

He was more threatening in the penalty area then Shevchenko thats for sure (Y)

The first leg of Brum vs West Ham was fun though, the match sums up Foster for me he's very talented but he crumbles under pressure he couldn't hack playing week in and week out for United though his reflexes did win us the Carling Cup!.

Edited by The Future

Ipswich looking more likely to score than Arsenal at the moment. They've really turned it on in the past few minutes, while the Gunners just look dull. Seriously, they haven't won anything in five years, yet they look like they're not even trying in a cup semi-final?

Edited by Shelty92

Ipswich beating Arsenal??!!?! After Ipswich's performance at the weekend I was thinking maybe Gunners win 10-0 or sumat, but props to them. Hope they get to Wembley now against West Ham, be a nice final that.

• Like 1

I've never liked O'Shea, he's just not a Man U quality player. Maybe he'd do well at another Premiership club, but he always came across as one of the most boring football players to ever grace the field.

How dare he be boring, Man U quality defenders obviously should have to spend their time making horrendous Beadles About knockoffs and merking each other...

He's a utility defender who's been useful backup for years, what more do you want?

http://news.bbc.co.u...nal/9360912.stm

Fabregas calling Ipswich's long ball tactics "rugby kicks". :lol: Yeah, we get it, Arsenal play pretty football but you lot should get your heads out your asses every once in a while. Especially if the "rugby kicks" completely expose your back four, while you can't break down a Championship side's defense with your neat passing.