The Thread Where ONO Cries Himself to Sleep

Lineker

Rassen...frassen....Charlton Athletic. How in the heck did we lose 4-3 to Shrewsbury after being 3-0 up? It was entertaining as heck, but also completely maddening. At least there were some other upsets about, such as Oxford thrashing Bristol Rovers 6-1 and Morecambe overcoming Coventry. What a frustrating way to lose though.

• Admin
Carling Cup second round draw:

Accrington v Newcastle
Portsmouth v Crystal Palace
Leeds v Leicester
Wolverhampton v Southend
Blackburn v Norwich
MK Dons v Blackpool
Tranmere v Swansea
Everton v Huddersfield
Peterborough v Cardiff
Reading v Northampton
Scunthorpe v Sheff Wed
Brentford v Hull
Sunderland v Colchester
Leyton Orient v West Brom
Morecambe v Burnley
Birmingham v Rochdale
Crewe v Ipswich
Watford v Notts County
West Ham v Oxford Utd
Southampton v Bolton
Bradford v Preston
Fulham v Port Vale
Millwall v Middlesbrough
Stoke v Shrewsbury
Hartlepool v Wigan

Ties to be played week commencing 23 August [/code]

Colchester at home.. happy with that. Should be a chance for some of our new arrivals to gain match fitness and also let the likes of Cook, Colback, Waghorn and Noble have runs out while still overcoming the opposition.

Mind you I still have Carling Cup related nightmares when we were beaten off Northampton.

• 2 weeks later...

Please please please please PLEASE draw MK Dons versus Chelsea in the Third Round.

As a former Milton Keynes resident who started living they before the Dons arrived (and hence my reaction to the arrival was "Who the fuck are you people? You're not Wimbledon, you're not MK, you're just...fake."), I would LOVE for Chelsea to go there and trounce them.

• Admin

Draw for the third round of the Carling Cup:

Brentford v Everton
Portsmouth v Leicester City
Stoke City v Fulham
Chelsea v Newcastle United
Aston Villa v Blackburn Rovers
Tottenham Hotspur v Arsenal
Millwall v Ipswich Town
Wolverhampton Wanderers v Notts County
Burnley v Bolton Wanderers
Birmingham City v MK Dons
Liverpool v Northampton Town
Scunthorpe United v Manchester United
West Bromwich Albion v Manchester City
Sunderland v West Ham United
Peterborough United v Swansea City
Wigan Athletic v Preston North End

Ties will be played in the week commencing 20 September.[/code]

Tottenham will host north London rivals Arsenal in the pick of the Carling Cup third-round ties to be played in the week commencing 20 September.

It gives Spurs new boy William Gallas an early chance to face his old side.

Holders Manchester United are away to Championship side Scunthorpe while last season's beaten finalists Aston Villa host Blackburn.

Premier League champions Chelsea entertain Newcastle and big-spending Manchester City visit West Brom.

• 4 weeks later...

Spurs-Arsenal tonight - 'arry is resting quite a few players, but it should still be a good game.

Owen starting for Utd tomorrow night, hopefully with Chicharito - I know they're similar players but I'd like to see them play together. Macheda deserves a game too, but he could play out wide, considering we're short.

Talking of out wide, is Gabby Obertan fit? If so, he should play.

Even if Harry rested the 11 who started at the weekend we could have a team with Kranjcar, Pav, Sandro, dos Santos and Palacios playing. :w00t:

It's just a shame all our defence are crocked as usual with Corluka, Gallas and Kaboul the latest to be doubtful.

I hope he plays Stipe.

Spurs-Arsenal tonight - 'arry is resting quite a few players, but it should still be a good game.

Owen starting for Utd tomorrow night, hopefully with Chicharito - I know they're similar players but I'd like to see them play together. Macheda deserves a game too, but he could play out wide, considering we're short.

Talking of out wide, is Gabby Obertan fit? If so, he should play.

I'd like Macheda and Owen to start with Hernandez coming on later, I have read that Bebe will be starting on the right as well...I'd quite like this 11 to play:

Kuszack

Fabio Rio Brown Rafael

Obertan Gibson Anderson Bebe

Macheda Owen