Metacritic's Worst 200 movies

Liam

I get to 9. Baby Geniuses. I've seen Bio-Dome on TGWTG. It looked terrible.

Billy Madison was... Well it's an Adam Sandler comedy.

This list is lacking of The Haunted World of El Superbeasto, and is therefore invalid.

Also, why is the D&D movie here? Or Legend of Chun-Li.

They weren't THAT bad, just dissapointing as hell. Take the same movies, take all the Wizards-trademarked stuff out of the D&D movie and change the names of the characters in Chun-Li, and they'd have been considered passable movies.

Mortal Kombat: Ahnilation and Bloodrayne on the other hand... yeah, those movies just plain fucking sucked. They should be ranked higher (or lower, depending on how you look at it) if anything.

EDIT- Also, how did Saw 5 make the list when Saw 3 didn't?

Edited by OctoberRavenO

MK2A was awesome, shut your mouth. In that 'so bad it's good' kind of way. I agree that Dungeons and Dragon's really wasn't that bad at all. I remember I half enjoyed it, actually. I wouldn't go out of my way to watch it again, but it's one of those films I can quite happily find when channel surfing and watch however much of it is on. (I don't think I've ever seen it all at once, I'm pretty sure I've seen the first half at one point and the second half like half a year later)

And yeah, Billy Madison, what? I really have never understood the hate of Adam Sandler. I'm sure from a critics prospective, his films are awful, but I can't think of a single Sandler film I haven't liked to some extent. Now that I think about it, I'm quite in the mood to watch one of his films now. tongue.gif

And ORO, Saw 3 managed a single redeemable quality called Julie Benz.

From the list I've seen (bolded if liked)

1. Bio-Dome

3. Chaos

9. Baby Geniuses

26. Date Movie 2006 11

27. Mortal Kombat: Annihilation

31. Master of Disguise, The

42. Freddy Got Fingered

53. Kung Pow!: Enter the Fist

65. 8 Heads in a Duffel Bag

68. Book of Shadows: Blair Witch 2

69. Beverly Hills Cop III

83. Billy Madison!!!!!!

85. Urban Legends: Final Cut

91. My Boss's Daughter

93. Witless Protection

94. Epic Movie

105. See No Evil

120. Ultraviolet

137. 8MM

139. Good Luck Chuck

146. Dr. Seuss' The Cat in the Hat

150. Digimon: The Movie

152. Corky Romano!!!!!!

154. Joe Dirt

156. Son of the Mask

172. Summer Catch

178. National Lampoon's Van Wilder: The Rise of Taj

179. I Still Know What You Did Last Summer 1998 21

180. Zodiac, The

185. Larry the Cable Guy: Health Inspector

189. Say It Isn't So

200. Out Cold

seen: 32

liked: 13

True, but also in those five minuites, the best character in the first movie is killed off.

True, but also in those five minuites, the best character in the first movie is killed off.

Dude, did you see what they did to the characters who survived that scene? Johnny Cage wasn't murdered. He was euthanized. That was a mercy killing.

Fuck's sake, man. Jax. JAX. "This dude's tryin' to merge the two dimensions, and y'all wanna check out his crib?"

Edited by Sousa
  • Like 1

Pfft, Scorpion > Johnny Cage

Anyone who thinks the most important person in the whole Mortal Kombat universe is anyone but Sub Zero is a fool! A FOOL I SAY!

Saying that though, those were five hundred dollar sunglasses...

Guest Mr. Potato Head

9. Baby Geniuses (Saw in in theatre, was quite shit)

35. Cocktail (Though Tom Cruise's character has a cool name)

45. Daddy Day Camp (Not that bad for what it was)

55. Rollerball

146. Dr. Seuss' The Cat In The Hat

154. Joe Dirt

197. Christmas with the Kranks

And perhaps a few others where I don't recognize the names

I said best character in the movie, not the games.

Though Cage is one of my favorites in the games.

*needs to play MK:Armageddon again, misses epic battles with Kawada and Chuck Norris*

Pfft, Scorpion > Johnny Cage

Anyone who thinks the most important person in the whole Mortal Kombat universe is anyone but Sub Zero is a fool! A FOOL I SAY!

Saying that though, those were five hundred dollar sunglasses...

Well which Sub-Zero are we talking about here? Mask wearing Sub-Zero? Or his less cool maskless brother who was picked less than Noob Saibot in the video games?

I've seen Bio-Dome, so... not far.

QFE

I've seen Bio-Dome, so... not far.

Is it that bad?

Not even close. Been on the movie channels randomly lately and I've watched parts of it a fair bit. It's not the most intelligent movie, but not list deserving.

Or, in better terms, this list sucks. It should make the Top 200 Worst List of All Time List

EDIT* Upon further review, I was watching The First $20 Million Is The Hardest a couple of hours ago actually. Maybe I just have bad taste. We will see as I am going to watch all of the movies on this list now.

Edited by Gene Kiniski