Metacritic's Worst 200 movies

Liam

I've seen;

1. Bio-Dome - I genuinely detest this movie. It doesn't even have any "so bad, it's good" moments. Maybe not the worst film ever made, but I can't think of a single redeeming feature.

21. Battlefield Earth - Also a bloody dreadful film, but bad sci-fi tends to be at least laughable rather than just shit, so I can watch this with friends and have a good time.

27. Mortal Kombat: Annihilation - See above. The Mortal Kombat films are actually pretty fun to watch with friends getting drunk. Absolutely no merit as a film in its own right, though.

42. Freddie Got Fingered - Probably the worst film I've ever seen. Certainly in the top three. I can't fucking stand it. The only two things that made me laugh in the entire film were "no, YOU'VE got a problem with your legs!" and "look at my hooves". All the gross-out stuff is just tedious - I'm not easily grossed out, and it's not funny, so it just serves no purpose. The whole thing is bollocks. And I'd completely forgotten about it until now. Thanks a lot, thread.

51. Dungeons & Dragons - Dreadful, but not the worst.

53. Kung Pow! - It's asinine, and it got a little old when half the people I knew used to quote it all the time, but it's not one of the worst films ever, it's just daft. I'd never go out of my way to watch it, but it's harmless enough.

55. Rollerball - I'm assuming this is the remake? Because fuck you the original was awesome.

82. Showgirls - 'nuff said.

119. Gigli - Also one of the worst films I've ever seen, apart from Christopher Walken being in it. How it's this far down the list is amazing, I'd put it in the top ten.

132. Dumb And Dumberer - Absolute dross. I hate sequels at the best of the times, but when you can't even get the original cast, especially when the original was basically a vehicle for Jim Carrey anyway, why fucking bother?

150. Digimon: The Movie - Fuck you, this is awesome.

156. Son Of The Mask - see also, Dumb And Dumberer.

166. Wing Commander - Oh fuck you. I hate this film. So so so so much. Even the fucking Super Mario movie was more faithful to the source material than this shite.

167. Highlander: Endgame - Come on, it's not even the worst Highlander movie.

Shit...I've seen a LOT of bad films. And I can think of plenty of terrible ones that aren't on the list too.

74. Kangaroo Jack

:angry:

What I have seen:

18. Meet the Spartans

25. Pinocchio

26. Date Movie

27. Mortal Kombat: Annihilation

42. Freddy Got Fingered

45. Daddy Day Camp

55. Rollerball

66. Yu-Gi-Oh!

74. Kangaroo Jack

82. Showgirls

83. Billy Madison

85. Urban Legends: Final Cut

90. I Know Who Killed Me

105. See No Evil

111. Boat Trip

125. Species II

128. Halloween: Resurrection

132. Dumb and Dumberer: When Harry Met Lloyd

134. Saw V

139. Good Luck Chuck

150. Digimon: The Movie

156. Son of the Mask

179. I Still Know What You Did Last Summer

197. Christmas with the Kranks

So, that's 24. And you know what? I didn't mind half of them.

I much prefer this list: http://features.metacritic.com/features/2010/15-movies-the-critics-got-wrong/?tag=topslot;title;1 . It recaps the movies that Metacritic feels the critics got wrong. I've seen pretty much every movie on that list and agree that they were underrated by the critics.

I like this list. Let's talk about this list. But I'm A Cheerleader rules. I have to disagree on Final Destination 1 & 2 and Freddy Got Fingered, though.

.. ahahaha Hudson Hawk's on this list too

I much prefer this list: http://features.meta...topslot;title;1 . It recaps the movies that Metacritic feels the critics got wrong. I've seen pretty much every movie on that list and agree that they were underrated by the critics.

I like this list. Let's talk about this list. But I'm A Cheerleader rules. I have to disagree on Final Destination 1 & 2 and Freddy Got Fingered, though.

how the fuck can they give predator a low score.

if it weren't for die hard, that would be THE action film in my eyes.

You guys have to remember, for better or worst, critics are followers who review movies with biases and have their own agendas. They don't tend to like movies that are overtly commercial, anything juvenile, cash-in sequels, parodies, or certain actors. That's why a bunch of the movies that people love will get slaughtered by critics - they want to praise and promote movies as an art form and movies that don't aspire to be higher forms of art are written off. Looking at their worst 200 movies, I think generally they get it right. A lot of those movies are really really bad on the list - and the movies that stick out like a sore thumb as out of place are bad movies that for whatever reason people tend to relate to. Billy Madison is an awful awful movie that makes me laugh till I cry - it's still an awful movie though and I love it.

Edited by RockPaperScissors

I get to #1. I've seen Bio-Dome (multiple times in fact.... what? It isn't terrible).

And I've seen the following:

1. Bio-Dome

11. Screwed

12. Miss March (it put me to sleep)

24. Whipped

26. Date Movie

29. King's Ransom

32. Adventures of Pluto Nash

33. Slackers

35. Cocktail

36. Stange Wilderness

39. New Best Friend

42. Freddy Got Fingered

50. Glitter

53. Kung Pow

55. Rollerball

61. Carpool

63. College

65. 8 Heads in a Duffel Bag

69. Beverly Hills Cop III

72. The Cookout

73. Tomcats

82. Showgirls

83. Billy Madison

85. Urban Legends: Final Cut

86. Half Baked

101. Prom Night

107. 88 Minutes

112. Kickin It Old Skool

122. Valentine

126. Surviving Christmas

132. Dumb and Dumberer

138. Lost and Found

140. Old Dogs

142. Underclassman

148. Vegas Vacation

152. Corky Romano

154. Joe Dirt

155. Whatever It Takes

161. First $20 Million is Always the Hardest

172. Summer Catch

177. Held Up

178. Van Wilder: Rise of Taj

179. I Still Know What You Did Last Summer

191. Cabin Boy

200. Out Cold

So... I've seen 46.... ugh. But Joe Dirt, Held Up, Vegas Vacation, Beverly Hills Cop III, Billy Madison, Bio-Dome, Carpool, Underclassman, and Slackers aren't BAD movies.

1. Bio Dome- Think I was 17 when I saw it and enjoyed it..of course I smoked pot at the time. Having seen it since I've given that up...I couldn't make it past the first 15 minutes

26. Date Movie- Saw it one night while drinking with my girlfriends brother...I excused myself for laughing because I was drunk..

35. Cocktail- what?! I liked that movie..made an entire generation of bartenders try and flip bottles..only to have them comically smash on the ground..

42. Freddy Got FIngers- 90 minutes of my life that I desperately want back

62. House Of The Dead- My friend put it in one night while drinking (I'm starting to pick up a pattern..) thought it was ok..could've been better but could've been much worse

71. In the Name of the King: A Dungeon Siege Tale- "Hmmm...I haven't heard of this movie actually..lets see..oh! Jason Statham, Leelee Sobieski, John Rhys-Davies, Ray Liotta, Matthew Lillard, Burt Reynolds, Ron Perlman, Claire Forlani and Kristanna Loken? This sounds pretty good! *fast forward 2 hours later* "Oh my god..how could something with stars like that have been THAT bad?" *looks at the box 'Directed and Produced by Uwe Boll'* "Oh..makes sense now.." Yea..terrible

83. Bill Madison- What? Seriously?

120. Ultraviolet- Yea..wow this movie was terrible. I dunno why I get sucked into watching Milla Jovovich movies..oh yea..its because she's hot...

128. Halloween: Resurrection- Yea no excuse for this..saw it in the theater.

137. 8MM- Oh this wasn't too bad

148. Vegas Vacation- Does it count as "watching" if I fell asleep 10 minutes into it?

152. Corky Romano- Saw it at a drive in as the 2nd half of a double feature..ugh

154. Joe Dirt- Seriously? This was a funny movie IMO

163. An American Carol- Had it from Netflix a few weeks ago. I don't like conservative propaganda, I just like Michael Moore bashing

167. Highlander: Endgame- I saw it just because I had heard Edge was in it..turns out it was a "blinkand you miss it" cameo. And I cried at how the Highlander series has been destroyed since the original..

I'll admit that Miss March was NOT a good movie, but it didn't deserve to be so high up on the list. People need to watch more fucking film. <_<

But I'm A Cheerleader is an abortion. One that took place every Sunday afternoon on TBS right in front of us and no one even tried to stop it. I am ashamed and saddened, only now do I realize it's true place.

In short, make that shit #1.

Get the fuck out.

14. Transylmania

16. State Property

18. Meet The Spartans

20. Superbabies: Baby Geniuses 2

53. Kung Pow!: Enter the Fist

55. Rollerball

74. Kangaroo Jack

78. Deuces Wild

80. fear dot com

91. My Boss's Daughter

94. Epic Movie

101. Prom Night

132. Dumb and Dumberer: When Harry Met Lloyd

Let's see, I actually liked Transylmania, Deuces Wild, My Boss' Daughter, Kung Pow and Epic Movie. All were cool, IMO. REALLY hated Meet The Spartans, Prom Night, Kangaroo Jack and fear dot com. All those were shits.

Not many people here seemed to have rollerball though. That's weird. Wasn't Paul Heyman in that? Man, he was awesome.

But I'm A Cheerleader is an abortion. One that took place every Sunday afternoon on TBS right in front of us and no one even tried to stop it. I am ashamed and saddened, only now do I realize it's true place.

In short, make that shit #1.

Get the fuck out.

Concurred.

I much prefer this list: http://features.meta...topslot;title;1 . It recaps the movies that Metacritic feels the critics got wrong. I've seen pretty much every movie on that list and agree that they were underrated by the critics.

how the fuck can they give predator a low score.

if it weren't for die hard, that would be THE action film in my eyes.

What the fuck.

Not only that, they don't even have The Warriors listed.

Metacritic can go fuck off.

Nobody agrees with me on the whole Miss March thing? I thought I'd have at least SOME support on that.

On a different note, Billy Madison is easily my favorite Adam Sandler movie. Fuck whomever created this list.