Metacritic's Worst 200 movies

Liam

Guest Mr. Potato Head

I much prefer this list: http://features.meta...topslot;title;1 . It recaps the movies that Metacritic feels the critics got wrong. I've seen pretty much every movie on that list and agree that they were underrated by the critics.

I like this list. Let's talk about this list. But I'm A Cheerleader rules. I have to disagree on Final Destination 1 & 2 and Freddy Got Fingered, though.

.. ahahaha Hudson Hawk's on this list too

how the fuck can they give predator a low score.

if it weren't for die hard, that would be THE action film in my eyes.

What the fuck.

Not only that, they don't even have The Warriors listed.

Metacritic can go fuck off.

Minus rep needs to come back. The Warriors was and remains awesome.

You completely misunderstood me. I wasn't talking about the worst 200 list, and I agree that the Warriors is awesome (it's my all-time favorite movie). What I meant was The Warriors doesn't have a score at all.

Guess I should have clarified that.

Edited by OctoberRavenO

I have to go to 74 for Kangaroo Jack, which yeah, is pretty bad, but I saw it when I was like 12 or 13 so I didn't mind it too much. Then after that I've seen Billy Madison (which was fine), Boat Trip (one of those films they used to show all the time on some channel... I don't think I minded it?) and Joe Dirt (can't remember what I thought of that), so not too bad. I'm pretty good at avoiding bad films. I don't read reviews or anything, I just have good instincts.

Fuck whomever created this list.

Guys, Metacritic lists reviews and provides aggregate scores compiled from other reviewers. Saying "fuck whomever created this list" is like going to the store, spending a thousand dollars on beer, and then saying "fuck you" to the cashier when he gives you your total.

1. Bio-Dome

--Wasn't that bad. It's not awesome, it's not good, it's shit, but it wasn't THAT bad of a movie.

5. Vulgar

--I saw that it was a View Askew film, and judged the book by its over >_< . D'oh. The furthest I remember is Ethan Suplee yelling "Now you're going to suck my daddy's cock!", at which point I said "Oooookayyyy", and turned it off :shifty:

21. Battlefield Earth

--I decided to give it it's fair shot, discounting the obvious negative that it was based off a story by L. Ron Hubbard and starred one of Scientology's poster children. That being said....it was horrid, plot wise. <_<

27. Mortal Kombat: Annihilation

--Compared to Vulgar and Battlefield Earth, this thing should win a fucking Oscar.

31. Master of Disguise, The

--Dana Carvey acting like a boring asshole. NEXT.

35. Cocktail

--I liked it. I always thought Elizabeth Shue was cute, Bryan Brown was great. This shouldn't be on the list :\ .

53. Kung Pow!: Enter the Fist

--I thought it was great to watch when you're bored. I don't find it anymore retarded than the ThumbWars series.

61. Carpool

--Tom Arnold. Starring Role. Moving on.

65. 8 Heads in a Duffel Bag

--This was fucking funny as hell. This thing being on this list in the lower half is a travesty.

69. Beverly Hills Cop III

--Same thing as 8 Heads in a Duffel Bag. It's a classic Eddie Murphy film, it's better than 99% of the shit he squeezed out after this movie.

77. Harlem Nights 1989 16

--Okay, Beverly Hills Cop III I can understand, but this? Come on! If you're going to give shit to Eddie Murphy comedies when they were geared for adults, shit on Coming to America, not Harlem Nights. Red Foxx! Richard Pryor! Are you kidding me?!

82. Showgirls

--I have fond memories of this film :shifty:

83. Billy Madison

--Meh, could go either way, no strong feelings about it. I liked Happy Gilmore a lot more.

86. Half Baked

--If I were a stoner, my opinion of this film would probably see it as Gone With The Wind, The Wizard of Oz, and Citizen Kane all rolled (:perv:) into one.

120. Ultraviolet

--I watched maybe the first half of it, I was expecting something awesome, since I loved Equilibrium and this was Kurt Wimmer working with a budget. All I remember is Mila Jovovich changing her hair color and driving around on a motorcycle.

134. Saw V

--It's a Saw film. What, you were expecting a ground shattering plot? You watch Saw to see people die in fucked up ways, not to be intellectually challenged.

137. 8MM

--This one was kind of messed up. It basically confirms rule #34.

148. Vegas Vacation

--This list is biased. Chevy Chase has made his fair share of shit, and THIS is what they choose to represent it? The Vacation series is classic. This gets blasted while Spies Like Us, Nothing But Trouble, Man of the House, Fletch Lives, Funny Farm, Caddyshack II, and Deal of the Century are absent? Bull shit <_<.

167. Highlander: Endgame

--Fuck Duncan :angry: AND WHILE I'M HERE....Seriously. Highlander II. HIGHLANDER FUCKING TWO. GET THE RIGHT MOVIE ON THIS LIST.

169. 3000 Miles to Graceland

--Kevin Costner playing an Elvis Impersonator. The Honkytonk Man did a better job >_< .

171. Bratz: The Movie

I didn't see this. But when I was at the movies and the trailer aired, there was a collective groan from the audience. True story.

So, there's a real absence of shit that should be on this list. Anybody that was part of the original Saturday Night Live....well, most anybody that's been part of Saturday Night Live, for that matter :shifty:, has enough shit films to fill a septic tank. You'd think there would be more exploitation films on this list, stuff like Boogie Nights or Strip Tease, but....yeah.

Guys, Metacritic lists reviews and provides aggregate scores compiled from other reviewers. Saying "fuck whomever created this list" is like going to the store, spending a thousand dollars on beer, and then saying "fuck you" to the cashier when he gives you your total.

Not only that, there's no fault in the site for not having a combined score for a movie THAT WAS MADE IN THE 70s.

Some movies that far back are lucky to have enough to have the minimal reviews needed for a scoring.

• 2 weeks later...

I liked Vulgar... Clown rape = not only intriguing, but new and refreshing. In general - you laugh at clowns, in Bio-Dome - you shoot clowns, in The Simpsons - you feel sad for clowns, but rarely... very rarely do you rape clowns.

And then, you blackmail 'em.

Edited by Ewok Avenger

Exactly. I'm surprised at some people's reaction. As I said earlier, all of the movies on that list are utter complete and utter shit movies. Doesn't mean you can't love them. I love lots of terrible, terrible movies, but I'm just honest about the fact they are really really bad movies.

Fuck this list, Miss March is awesome.

I don't understand how you completely fuckup a plot that involves two guys going to the Playboy Mansion to visit an ex-girlfriend. That should be so easy to write that the fact that the movie sucks is unforgivable. I hated everything about that movie and consider it to be the absolute worst movie I've ever seen.

I'll do what Norro did and bold the ones I liked.

#31: The Master of Disguise

#55: Rollerball

#66: Yu-Gi-Oh! - I don't even remember why I saw this, All I remember is watching it when I was 11-ish.

#74: Kangaroo Jack - Whatever, Kangaroo Jack was an awesome movie.

#83: Billy Madison - Same goes for Billy Madison, Awesome movie

#150: Digimon: The Movie

#155: Joe Dirt

#198: Christmas with the Kranks - Saw maybe half of it and then I fell alseep.

Longer list than I had anticipated.

For movies I've seen on tv, I got to #27. Mortal Kombat: Annihilation.

For movies I saw in an actual theater, I got to Bill & Ted's favorite #, 69 (dude): Beverly Hills Cop III. Which should NOT be on that list.