Sim City Games

Draevyn

With Sousa recently mentioning that he was playing Sim City 2000, it brought me back to a time when I used to play the original. I haven't played much of anything in recent years when it comes to computer games, and only slightly more when it comes to console games. However, I wouldn't mind playing a bit more and was wondering what the popular opinion of these games is. Which one is the best for replay value and such?

As far as the "Best", that's in the eye of the beholder. My personal favorite was Sim City 2000, but I think that might just be bias talking.

If I had to rank them, from highest to lowest personal preference, here it is:

1) Sim City 2000

2) Sim City 3000

3) Sim City 4

4) Sim City

The original ranks low on my list because out of the computer games, I found it to be the least pleasing; most of my Sim City days were on the SNES version.

I liked Sim City 3000 because it got rid of the power lines which was boring and time consuming. However, it did (IIRC) add the whole underground water pipes which was even more boring and time consuming. I think Sim City 3000 also had less lasting appeal than the other titles. Nevertheless, it's by far my favourite of the series. Apart from the water pipes there wasn't too much micromanagement, but neither was it too simple. The first two games were good fun too, although I prefer 2000 to the original. I've never played Sim City 4 although I'm fairly positive I actually have it lying about somewhere. Would it be worth trying out?

Seriously, play the rest, they are all awesome... but 3000 is the best :shifty:

Sim City 4 takes a lot of effort, time and learning to get the best out of the game.

But it can be really (if not the most) rewarding

Guest Mr. Potato Head

I liked Sim City 3000 because it got rid of the power lines which was boring and time consuming. However, it did (IIRC) add the whole underground water pipes which was even more boring and time consuming. I think Sim City 3000 also had less lasting appeal than the other titles. Nevertheless, it's by far my favourite of the series. Apart from the water pipes there wasn't too much micromanagement, but neither was it too simple. The first two games were good fun too, although I prefer 2000 to the original. I've never played Sim City 4 although I'm fairly positive I actually have it lying about somewhere. Would it be worth trying out?

3000 had boring power lines.

I remember growing up - I had a copy of Sim City that had live action videos in it. Sigh, I miss that.

I had this! With the hysterical reporter and the cop who would get mugged and the preachy Greenpeace ads that would play from time to time when your pollution got too high?

3000 had boring power lines.

really? :shifty:

The underground water pipes started in 2000 :shifty: