Am I the only person in the world who hates Anchorman?

90 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Anchorman?

I can understand why some people may have gotten fed up with it, but it's hard to see how anyone could think its a "bad movie". There is so much in it, and it has so many levels of depth that you have to watch it two, three, four times just to take in all of the jokes.

I can understand why some people may have gotten fed up with it, but it's hard to see how anyone could think its a "bad movie". There is so much in it, and it has so many levels of depth that you have to watch it two, three, four times just to take in all of the jokes.

You're so wise. You're like a miniature Buddha, covered in hair.

Well, this escalated fast, didn't it? I mean, this was really something.

There were horses and a man on fire, and I stabbed a guy with a trident. smile.gif

Can't believe I'm correcting it, but its 'killed a guy with a trident'. Only had to be picky because it was the message tone on my mobile for about 2 years, before finally being replaced by Joey Barton saying 'most footballers are knobs'.

I'm another of those outraged by this topic though, its by far Ferrells best comedy (certainly as the star, the likes of Zoolander compete) and easily the funniest Steve Carell has ever been (and I am quite a fan).

It's a great movie. I do think a lot of people have started to dislike it just because it became so popular and so quoted. Still, I really enjoy it. I put Talladega Nights ahead of it, but only by a little.

Pretty much my exact opinion. Talladega Nights is an immense film.

Talladega Nights is one of the worst films I've ever seen, but each to their own I guess.

I missed "I'M IN A GLASS CASE OF EMOTION!" The first time through, and now that has me in stitches whenever I rewatch it.

That's not fair. I'm broken, and I laughed and still laugh hysterically. And Anchorman is better than Talladega Knights. I like Knights, but Anchorman goes even further in the comedy department.

I don't think I'd like Knights as much as I do if it wasn't for Walker and Texas Ranger, though.

You're a regular Roger goddamned Ebert, aren't you.

I love me some Anchorman. I'll be honest, it's probably one of my favourite films of all time - I just find the mix of quotability, immaturity and Fred Willard brilliant. I'm that much of a fan of it that my favourite line, where Ron sings "BAXTER'S GOING TO GET MONKEY LUNGS! SO HE CAN LIVE...TO BE 100!" to Baxter, isn't even in the finished film. tongue.gif

And, I can't believe that "60% of the time, it works every time" hasn't been mentioned at least once, yet. blink.gif

The saddest thing about this thread is that nobody has mentioned how awesome Step Brothers was. Probably on the same level as Anchorman AND Talledega Nights for me. :wub:

Edited by slain

The saddest thing about this thread is that nobody has mentioned how awesome Step Brothers was. Probably on the same level as Anchorman for me. :wub:

He had this crazy look in his eyes, and at one point he said "let's get it on"

That was about the fighting! I am so not a raper!

I hadn't seen Anchorman until after people were quoting it at me verbatum for about a year. Yet I still thought it was tremendously funny.