2010/2011 UEFA Champions League

EddieG

RVP being sent off was indeed a joke, but Koscienly should have been sent off for time wasting, according to the book. When Arsenal scored their goal, he ran to the ball, and punted it up in the air, and it looked to be away from the pitch. He could've had a second yellow for that, and then again on the penalty.

Arsenal should certainly feel hard done by, but I never thought Barca were going to lose that match.

Could Van Persie possibly get a ban for saying the ref is a joke? I mean Drogba did it in a more hostile swearing manner but still saying its an injustice and the ref is a joke etc (I do think the red card was stupid)

Dunno if anyone has seen this but

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/9418672.stm

Flamini basically defending the awful tackle he did on Corluka saying he went for the ball.

Oh i know it was an awful tackle not gonna deny it Carragher should have been sent off. Just banter with the Man U fans :pervert:

I will always want an English team to win in the Champions League. Don't get why you'd want to see Tottenham and Arsenal out of the competition in favour of a bunch of foreign teams you probably don't ever watch.

I don't see why I'm supposed to favour an English team, especially when it's a team I dislike like Man Utd, Chelsea or Spurs. I don't mind Arsenal but I definitely don't want them to win the Champions League any time soon. I think it's because I hate to see other big teams doing well when Liverpool aren't.

• Like 2

I just see it as a part of supporting England, as a whole. I'd rather an English team win it than any other team because I'd rather someone from our country win it, than someone else's. It's hard to explain without sounding stupid. Also, there's always a chance that an English team winning The Champions League will attract better players to England, so we can watch them in upcoming seasons.

After some consideration, I would cheer on any English team besides Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs, Man City, Everton and Villa (purely because my Villa supporting mate wouldn't shut up about it) in Europe. Basically, I'm not going to want any of Liverpool's rivals to win or anybody I have other reasons for disliking, but other than that I'd definitely want an English team to win. I guess it's just part of the club before country mentality I've always had.

• Like 1

I generally want to see English sides do well. But tonight, I am glad Arsenal are out because I am fed up of them always making excuses as to why they haven't won anything for six years.

You must have raped someone in a previous life Arsene to harbour all of this bad luck and circumstance in your life, because six years of excuses is just not plausible. Admit it - you're choke artists.

• Like 1

I value the success of other English teams in Europe because it maintains the Premier League's co-efficient scores and the number of entrants we get. -_-

I'd have to be pretty emotionally disattached to make that the key reason I support a team, though :shifty:

I hate Manchester United 99% of the season. Why am I expected to root for them when they play a foreign team because of In-ger-land?

Part of the reason that the Champions League works is that if you don't like a team, chances are you don't know enough about their opponents to be irritated by them.

Well, another reason I might support a different English team in Europe is if I want them to play as many extra games as possible to make it more difficult for them to do well in the league. This obviously falls short of them actually winning it though, so if United could reach the semi finals then fail catastrophically that would be nice.

I really don't want Utd to play Barca unless it's in the final.

Spurs-Barca would be nice, especially if they beat them. That would be just wonderful. Myself and others (notably the Spurs contingent) have already silenced those who said they couldn't beat Inter, so matching them against Barca would be fun to see.