nPower Football League Thread 2010/2011

Adam

I feel a bit harsh saying this because I think points deductions are fucking retarded, however please Football League, do something your rulebook actually states for once and dock QPR a shit load of points, 15 would be fittingly perfect actually :shifty:

I want to see QPR go up to be honest, but unless Crystal Palace decide to go goal crazy next week, a points deduction would be handy. Plus it'd be great for Colin to get fucked by the 3rd party rule again.

Actually 15 wouldn't be enough, I was looking at an unupdated table.

Why would QPR have points deducted?

3rd party ownership and illegal agents. Apparently they tried to cover it up as well. Could be anything up to 28 points I read somewhere, but it'll be a huge fine more than likely, that or a small points deduction that ensures they still go up. Not that that's wrong, I hate point deductions. >_<

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/q/qpr/9421321.stm

'cause Matt's a leeds fan, I'm pretty sure that's the sole reason.

I did say points deductions are wrong, normally I'm against them but yeah, for selfish reasons, it'd be quite handy if they got one.

And it's hardly like I've made this up, it has been reported quite a bit over the last two months and there is a hearing next week :shifty:

'cause Matt's a leeds fan, I'm pretty sure that's the sole reason.

I did say points deductions are wrong, normally I'm against them but yeah, for selfish reasons, it'd be quite handy if they got one.

And it's hardly like I've made this up, it has been reported quite a bit over the last two months and there is a hearing next week :shifty:

Fair enough, I didn't hear about it, don't really follow the championship that much, and I didn't see your reply when I posted my reply to you. :P

Following from the QPR discussion. Found it interesting that earlier this month the Football Governance Committee were mire concerned about the Leeds situation than QPR. Not sure exactly what the problem was as I'd missed the start but really laid into how they weren't actually adhering to Premier League rules regarding ownership/management. I assumed now the crook Risdales not involved they were fine.

Barnet ain't down just yet, Stockport are but Barnet could stay up on the last day, they're 2 points behind Lincoln.

I have full faith in the Imps to once again stave off relegation. They're turning into a less dramatic and less good Carlisle United.

Following from the QPR discussion. Found it interesting that earlier this month the Football Governance Committee were mire concerned about the Leeds situation than QPR. Not sure exactly what the problem was as I'd missed the start but really laid into how they weren't actually adhering to Premier League rules regarding ownership/management. I assumed now the crook Risdales not involved they were fine.

It's a lot of fuss over nothing, we're owned by a consortium of anonymous people that apparently even Bates doesn't know (I believe him as far as I can throw him) and under present football league rules we're fine, under Premier League rules anyone who owns 10%(?) has to be declared. If anyone does own more than 10% they're hardly going to throw away the money that the Premier League brings (which I assume was their aim when they bought the club) to protect their anonymity, they'll either sell up or declare who they are (whether they have to declare to the public or just privately to the PL, I'm not sure).

Then again, it's not like the football league need us to break any rules in order to punish us <_<

Edit to say, that's how I understand the situation anyway

I'm really starting to root for Norwich. Back to back promotions would be brilliant for them, some ex-Carlisle names in there in Danny Graham and Grant Holt, the fact I want to see a pitch invasion tonight.

Gan on the Canaries.

Norwich have stolen our "we beat the scum 1-0" chant, or at least I assume it was them that were chanting "we beat the scum 5-1".... Not that I'm overly fussed, its a wank chant anyway.

Also >_< >_< >_< >_< >_< >_< >_< Leeds fans are retarded, people are actually suggesting Grayson purposefully didn't get us promoted because Bates didn't want to have to pay the creditors additional money from the creditors agreement when we came out of administration. It started as a joke that a couple of people made and now people are actually believing it. Couldn't be anything to do with the fact that we've been unable to defend all season and if Becchio is out, we have no-one who can play as a lone striker, yet we insist on trying anyway... No, this was definitely Bates not wanting to pay about £5m out of the £60m minimum (or is it more than that these days?) earnt from a Premier League promotion.