nPower Football League Thread 2010/2011

Adam

As a Luton fan, I expect QPR to get hit by a points deduction for a very similar offence to us. We got hit by a 10 point penalty for it, and that is just one of their charges. But, they are a bigger club than us, and I therefore expect them to go easier on them.

I believe if QPR can gain one more point than Cardiff today, it'll be a ten point deduction with the Luton case the precedent so they still go up.

Edited by GA.

For some reason, I think QPR will be deducted the exact amount of points to make them lose the championship but not the promotion. QPR have been miraculously dominant all season, it would be extremely unfair to strip them of promotion.

To be fair, if found guilty (which they haven't been yet) then it wouldn't be that unfair to strip them of promotion if they've broken the rules. Harsh on the players and the fans, but if someone higher up in the club has broken rules to gain an advantage then they deserve to be punished accordingly.

Unfortunately neither Luton nor West Ham set a precedent here as both are for different offences to the charge against QPR, so the FA have an interesting decision on their hands.

Seeing as we don't have a non-league thread...

AFC Wimbledon beat Fleetwood Town 2-0 away from home in their play-off semi-final first leg. I want them to go up so badly, especially as it looks as if it would probably be at Luton's expense.

Concurred. I await the day that they end up in the same division as MK Dons...

Seeing as we don't have a non-league thread...

AFC Wimbledon beat Fleetwood Town 2-0 away from home in their play-off semi-final first leg. I want them to go up so badly, especially as it looks as if it would probably be at Luton's expense.

Concurred. I await the day that they end up in the same division as MK Dons...

Ignoring the at the Lutons expense bit, I would have loved for us and AFC to have gone up this year. But then Crawley bought their way out (good for them, if they can maintain the business model). I'm hoping that AFC will have to wait another year.

BREAKING NEWS:

From BBC Sports news correspondent Dan Roan: "The Regulatory Commission hearing charges brought by the FA against Queens Park Rangers FC wish to announce that although two of the charges have been found to be proved there will be no points deduction made from Queens Park Rangers FC in this season or the next. A further announcement will follow."

Oh good, I really don't Norwich to win the league, by point deduction of all things.

Well you're lucky, because they won't. :shifty:

I like how everyone has missed where I already said this above...

I'm happy as well. Point deductions are utter bullshit - the only time I can think where it was justified was when Middlesborough refused to fulfill a fixture years and years ago. Keep on-field matters on the field, off-field matters off the field etcetera.

FA should have dealt with this alot earlier on then leaving it last minute.

I can sense that they didn't deduct points just to save the hassle of screwing up scheduling. It'd be interesting to know what the 2 charges were. If Luton got deducted points for a similar thing why shouldn't QPR? Rules are there for a reason.