Football Manager 2011

Dan

Hah! I copied over my old FM10 graphics and forgot that the Coca-Cola League is now the nPower League. Mismatching logos FTW! :shifty:

I'll have to find a English logo pack anyway because I need Newcastle, Blackpool and WBA because they don't load using the FM10 file I am currently using.

I hate inconsistency, I go from battering Bristol Rovers in the Carling Cup and Bristol City in the Championship to scraping a 3-2 win against Forrest then losing 2-1 to Swansea while missing an easy one on one with Chopra hitting it straight at the keeper :( Also Craig Bellamy keeps getting injured is rather frustrating

Guest Mr. Potato Head

Started a game as Burnley (take that, Ellis :shifty:). Four games in and I'm on 9 points, should be able to challenge for promotion. Found a great bargain buy for my defence in Iceland of all places.

Should be able to exceed Cup expectations too, made the third round (minimum goal) and now just have to beat Blackburn at home ^_^

I'm AFC Wimbledon with GIFTON NOEL-WILLIAMS up front (who is younger than I thought he was). We're 5th after 6 games! Hopefully we can challenge for promotion to League 2. I've never managed that before in an FM game.

I'm managing Leyton Orient in my first game of FM11 - four points after three games in the league (scored one, conceded one) plus a 4-0 drubbing in the Carling Cup by Plymouth. My pledge to bring attractive football to Brisbane Road is going unfulfilled so far. <_<

Also, my original assistant manager was a optimistic, lying bastard - my team report at the start of the season featured five players with four stars, my team report three weeks in via a new assistant manager (with a better "judging player potential" stat) features NO players with four stars. Three of them have fallen to 3 and a half, one has fallen to two (!) - not happy at all.

Went with Newcastle for my first game, seeing as avoiding relegation is all I need to do...

Drew my first game 0-0 at Wigan, then lost 3-0 at OT after a Rooney hat-trick. I then beat Plymouth at home in the CC 2nd round with an Ameobi goal (got Swansea away next).

In my first home league game against West Brom, I dominated but went 1-0 down through Dorrans - and after Ameobi missed a pen in the 49th minute, I didn't think it'd be my day...

Until, that is, Nolan equalised with ten minutes to go. I decided to go all out for the win, seeing as Arsenal and Chelsea are up next. In the closing stages, Zuiverloon got sent off as he was the last man, and then on the very last second of the three additional minutes, Jonas won a second ''soft'' penalty for me. Ameobi stepped up again and put that one away to win the game. Glorious.

But yeah, not expecting much from the next two games. Anything's a bonus. Will play them tomorrow.

I had a problem getting into a game on 08 - going on holiday during the first pre-season once you'd sorted tactics etc. and letting the assistant deal with the friendly matches helps. I did that with the Newcastle game I have running now. Especially with first window transfers switched off, it's a lot better and speeds everything up.

Fulham 0 - 3 Chelsea

Chelsea 3 - 0 Arsenal

West Brom 0 - 3 Chelsea

I'm noticing a trend. :shifty:

See? Not just me!

With that said, I just beat Wigan 4-2, with them going 2-0 up before a badass comeback.

Bizarrely, Alex is a goal-scoring machine. He's scored in each of the last three matches, and not from freekicks either.