Football Manager 2011

Dan

I avoided relegation and got a one year extension on my contract.

I have a few new players coming in over the off season to add some depth. Still after a solid keeper.I should be able to push forward and safely stave off relegation but the challenge is to aim for promotion.

This. Constantly this. The only person I've found reasonable is Frank Fielding, who I can get on a season long loan or a purchase and works quite well for any Championship and below level side.

Frank Fielding is awesome, that's why.

So playing the FM11 demo has got me back in the mood for playing FM in general. I'm not buying the full game yet because it's on my Christmas list (and I already need more things on my Christmas list as it is), and playing the demo until it cuts me off will be annoying, so it's back to an older game for now.

Went straight for FM08 since it's already installed on the laptop, but couldn't find the disc anywhere. Stokerina is surely responsible (in a messy way, not a sinister way), but that doesn't help me now.

Solution?

Uninstall FM08. Install CM01/02. Download and install patch. Download and install September 2010 database. Start up English/Spanish/Italian/German/French/Dutch/Scottish/Welsh leagues, all down to their lowest level. Pick random club from one of those lowest tiers.

MILAZZO, I SHALL LEAD YOU TO SERIE C2/C GLORY!!

Clearly this shall be amazing.

• Like 1

I avoided relegation and got a one year extension on my contract.

I have a few new players coming in over the off season to add some depth. Still after a solid keeper.I should be able to push forward and safely stave off relegation but the challenge is to aim for promotion.

This. Constantly this. The only person I've found reasonable is Frank Fielding, who I can get on a season long loan or a purchase and works quite well for any Championship and below level side.

Frank Fielding is awesome, that's why.

Frank Fielding is not interested in coming to the Swedish 2nd Division North League :(

I'll have to settle for any Swedish player (As the rules state that I must have 9 Swedish trained players in the starting 11)

I'll get back to it momentarily... Time to go to kindergarten.

MILAZZO, I SHALL LEAD YOU TO SERIE C2/C GLORY!!

So I then discover that my board expects me to "battle bravely against relegation", I have no money, only one goalkeeper, and it takes my team six games to even score a goal from open play.

Niiice.

You didn't say you'll do it this season ^_^

I've also been asked to avoid relegation, but I'm a rebel, I'm aiming for a mid-table finish :shifty:

Just about to head into my pre-season, having brought in 4 new players. GK, ST & 2xMC.

It added quality and youth to my squad, now just to tweak my tactics to accompany the changes.

I had an 'oh sod it' moment and ordered this off amazon. Will probably start a game as Bayern when it arrives for the 'big club' game, but I'm mulling over a game with a smaller English side. Possibly Sheffield United, but we are nearly always poor on FM games, so the one year that we're particularly poor in real life, I dread to think how bad we'll be. I could possibly go for a lower-leage English side, or possibly not.

Putting Cardiffs wage budget about 30K over it is fun but also a bit worrying at the same time, meh atleast I got Michael Owen, David Albelda and Eider Gudjohnson so positives outweigh the negatives :P

I'll do a proper update on my first season and second season in a bit

I plan on continuing my Atletico game at some point this week (haven't played any more since I last posted) but while he subject of the board and objectives has been brought up...

Got to love how saying I'll push for Europa League qualification and winning La Liga outright has about a £2m difference in terms of how much money they'll give me. Do they think that with the extra £2m, I'd be able to pick up some shit but expensive young Spanish player and he'd be enough to guide me to glory, ahead of Real, Barca, Valencia and Villarreal? :shifty:

What a season for my Swindon side. Won the playoffs and the fa trophy. My transfer budget of... 1k wasn't enough to build a prem team, though. So.. loads of frees, a few loans. A new look side, keeping a decent backbone from the division below. Over my wage budget, but fuck it. I want to challenge n this division.

Got the game today. Started a game with Sheff Utd just to see how certain settings run on my machine. Will play it a little more now, but I see me getting very bored of that particular game quickly. I've also slightly gone off the idea of playing as Bayern, though I might still choose to play that game. I'm actually thinking that Liverpool might be ny first "proper" game, unless I do get into the Sheff Utd one; to see if I can do better than Uncle Roy.

Well, I was entirely wrong, I'm enjoying the United game so far. Have managed to sign Andy van der Meyde on a freebie. Also managed to beat Wolves in pre-season, and beat Pomey 3-1 at home in my only league match so far.

The problems are the lack of funds (£0 to be precise) and the high wage bill. The 2/3 players I'd want to offload just happen to be long-term injury victims, so no bugger'll sign them.

Still, having fun.

Just finished my (unsuccessful) pre-season with 3 losses, including 2-0 vs my Reserves squad, and no goals scored at all.

On the plus side, the positive attitude in the locker room is encouraging :D

Brought in a total of 7 players. 3 for the first team, 4 in the reserves/youth squads.

I'm starting to think that my Mid table finish may have been a bit premature, but I'll play it out.

Playing as Spurs and in January City put in a bid for my entire back 4! and ALL of them want to go!.

I'll have lots of money but I don't want to go on without super Dawson :crying:

I don't know what stat or subroutine FM is using to simulate City's crazy bidding, but it's clearly working brilliantly.

So I...er, got Milazzo relegated from Serie C2/C. And then fired. Presumably because there is no lower league. :shifty:

I then decided (since the desire for the nostalgia of using real CM01/02 data rather than this 2010 update was growing on me), the only solution was to INVENT A TIME MACHINE and travel back from "2010" to 2001, before I had ruined my reputation and build it up from scratch.

I also chose a different league, since Italian surnames were irritating the crap out of me.

So...

FARNBOROUGH TOWN, I SHALL LEAD YOU TO CONFERENCE GLORY!!