Football Manager 2011

Dan

Ah turns out beating Pomey 3-1 was as good as it gets. After a stuttering win in the league cup, we've had a five game winless streak. Joy. Might have to start the Bayern or Liverpool game afterall.

4-4-2 Diamond using wingers is pretty badass. Took my created semi pro team from conference north to League 2, unbeaten in 25 or so league matches, and my strikers score around 30 a season. All by using a tactic created with the tactic creator. We even went into admin and got deducted 10 points in the conference and still walked it.

'Seriously Jonas, you've been absolute gash all game, I'm sorry but you've given me no choice but to play Wayne Routledge next week. In short, you're fucking dro...

Have my babies! :w00t:

Sometimes I forget just how long ago 2001 is in footballing terms. I get one of those random "Arsenal striker Thierry Henry has been described as a goal-scoring machine by someone or other" news messages...and think two things: 1) "Duh", and 2) "Why are you telling me? I'm managing a mid-table Conference side here."

Anyway, the point is that this prompts me to click on Henry's name, whereupon I go "HOLY FUCK, HE'S STILL ONLY 24?!?"

Seriously. It's like another world.

Sometimes I forget just how long ago 2001 is in footballing terms. I get one of those random "Arsenal striker Thierry Henry has been described as a goal-scoring machine by someone or other" news messages...and think two things: 1) "Duh", and 2) "Why are you telling me? I'm managing a mid-table Conference side here."

Anyway, the point is that this prompts me to click on Henry's name, whereupon I go "HOLY FUCK, HE'S STILL ONLY 24?!?"

Seriously. It's like another world.

Rooney? £2m? Bargain!

Wayne Rooney has the potential to be a decent League One striker

>_<

AFC Wimbledon, we're 3rd at the moment and I thought maybe a possible title push was on. But our form has tumbled. Gifton Noel Williams has been struggling for form and Mickael Firmin a rather excellent little French DM/CB that has attracted interest from the likes of QPR and Empoli has been suspended which hasn't helped.

Plus Irish Premier League star Richie Baker, whose done a pretty decent job for us, is injured.

I'm confident we'll reach the play offs but I'd love a late surge to nick the title off Luton. :shifty:

Started a Liverpool game.

Does anyone else seem to get blasted by opposition managers all the time? I can count on the fingers of one hand the number of times opposition managers have had a go at me on previous games, yet it seems every week someone or other has a go at me on FM11.

And, woe is having Gerrard and Torres, AKA my team, out until November. Though I'll be fair to Dirk Kuyt, who seems to have stepped up to the goal-scoring plate in Torres' absence.

I've brought in Van Der Wiel for £3M, Frank Fielding for £1.2M, Shawcross for £10M plus future fees, Diego Contento on a season long loan and I'm hoping to tie up a deal for Edin Dzeko. I almost got Park Ji-Sung for FREE, but he said he couldn't leave Man Utd for one of their closest rivals. Bugger.

As for outs, Itandje has gone to Napoli for £800,000; Maxi to Ath. Madrid on loan with a view to a £4.9M move, and Bolton have signed some random youngster for 500,000. I've also sent out Pacheo and two other young 'uns to Genk on loan for the season.

My game as Perth Glory is going great, top of the league after 18 games, albeit only on goal difference from Brisbane Roar. Robbie Fowler hasn't turned out to be the goalmachine I hoped he would be but Branko Jelic has stepped in to fill the void and Rovers' old boy Andy Todd is shoring up the defence. Don't actually have any money to buy anyone and some of the wages that I have to pay people are so horrendous I'm just letting their contracts run out and taking the risk of finding suitable replacements in the off season.

I don't like Play-offs. So I holidayed and came back to see we had finished 3rd. But won the play-offs. Beating Rusden 7-6 on agg. And beating Grimsby 3-1 in the final.

Haha! After getting sent off in our big game against Adelaide (Which we went on to lose 6-0!), I fined Todd two weeks wages. He threw a pissy fit and has handed in a transfer request. Despite being top of the league going into the play-off portion of the league, things are beginning to go tits up for The Glory.

Update on the network game I'm playing with a mate - he's Chelsea, I'm Utd...

By late September/early October, he'd built up a 14 point gap on me, and I was one away from the sack on more than one occasion. I wasn't losing many, but drawing games I should've won, and with Rooney out injured from day 1 for 3 weeks and then again for a month just days after he returned, it didn't look too good.

Fast forward to mid-December...

I managed to finally start picking up wins, and my players started putting the chances away, just in time for Rooney's return.

My mate has won about 1 in his last 7, after losing Drogba and Anelka to long-term injuries - so now, our gap is just a point and Arsenal are leading the table, 3 ahead of me.

Since giving Hernandez some tips in player interaction (he's a LOT more willing to learn than Nani... prick) he's scoring in almost every game he plays.

We only started on Saturday morning, so we're making good progress for a network game.

Started off as Swansea, finished mid table in my first season, Mphela started getting good half way through the season after I got him from Sundowns for 200k, managed to sell him on for 4m which was nice.

Picked up a few players in pre-season including Keogh on a free but forgot ¬_¬ to have any pre-season friendlies and my team sucked for the first 8 games, we started picking it up but the boards constant moaning at me was pissing me off so I quit. Sat around for a bit and ended up at Norwich who where about to go down with 4 games to go, they wanted me to sign a 3 year deal but I just wanted a contract 'til the end of the season so I could weigh up my options.

Ended up missing out on staying up because Swansea lost 4-1 to the team above me despite me beating 3rd top Wigan :angry:

Decided against taking over at Norwich as they should walk League One easily and can't be bothered playing that kind of season, so took over at Port Vale early October 2012 with them sitting 3rd bottom of League Two, the media predicted them to finish 1st but the team is shit, they literally released 20 players in the summer and just brought in a few loanees, so I've been grabbing a bunch of free transfers and managed to get a decent squad going, hopefully I can turn the season around.