Football Manager 2011

Dan

Anyone else signed Rossi from Villarreal? He's performing brilliantly for me as a Deep Lying Forward.

He has more than likely been mentioned already but just in case he hasn't, Rafael Toloi is a great prospect. He's dubbed the next Lucio and cost me £4m in the summer.

Grrr. As Inter Milan (I got sacked as Blackburn boss, which was annoying but inevitable, so I decide to be a glory hunter) I bid all the way up to 10 million pounds for him as cover for Milito and Eto'o. Villareal kept rejecting...then offered him to a whole host of top European clubs for about 5 million, by which point I'd given up and bought in Roque Santa Cruz, who might as well be invisible for all the impact he's made.

Now I wish I'd kept on the hunt for him. mad.gif

I think £10 million was all I had left because I blew the rest of my transfer budget on Lukas Podolski (who has been a great pick up for me, if a little overpriced.) What really pissed me off was seeing Chelsea take him for I think £5.5 million after all the money I'd thrown at them.

Trying to find a good Kit Pack...SUSIE is useless, and I don't know where to start with FM-Base. Anyone recommend me a pack?

Managed to find a good Logo Pack though. I'll actually start my game once I've sorted this out. :shifty:

Managing a piss-poor Liverpool who can't compete against Man Utd and Chelsea but also fail to motivate themselves to beat Bolton and Wolves. Thus, Liverpool lie 10th. Although this is an improvement on where I took control of them, which was 12th.

The annoying thing is my attack is getting good, but the entire team can't defend a lead for shit and just don't care. I have never managed a game where I want to punch things with such regular occurrence :angry:

Just started a Liverpool game myself. Spent most of the transfer budget on a defender (Jan Vertonghonerandomletters) and Eden Hazzard, and then one or two smaller deals. I hope I don't regret not signing a striker, but Babel had a good pre-season. Hope my trust in him isn't misplaced! I'm also tinkering to find the best role for Torres.

Played the first two Prem games, a 1-1 away draw with Everton and a 2-1 home win over Man City. Won a few games in the Europa League qualifiers too.

Liverpool lost again, so I got bored and went back to my stellar Bristol Rovers game.

Except I overwrote the wrong game and now that Liverpool game has taken over :angry:

Liverpool are ruining me :crying:

Started my game as...WATFORD. >_>

Kind of feel I'm just fumbling along, seeing how I don't know the squad at all and never really feel up to detailed tinkering in, well, any aspect of these modern FMs. :shifty: Still, we'll see how it goes...

Signed Mateja Kezman on a free transfer. Currently trying to loan in a left winger from somewhere as well (Chelsea have accepted my loan offer for Gael Kakuta, but you can bet anything he'll reject me).

No doubt I'll get to my first proper league game and discover my entire back line is made out of cardboard, but that's the fun of the fair.

• Like 1

Trying to find a good Kit Pack...SUSIE is useless, and I don't know where to start with FM-Base. Anyone recommend me a pack?

Managed to find a good Logo Pack though. I'll actually start my game once I've sorted this out. :shifty:

I've been finding that SUSIE has been awful recently too. I pretty much do the same. I can't start a game until I have club logos and the real competition names at least. :shifty:

• Admin

Started my game as...WATFORD. >_>

Kind of feel I'm just fumbling along, seeing how I don't know the squad at all and never really feel up to detailed tinkering in, well, any aspect of these modern FMs. :shifty: Still, we'll see how it goes...

Signed Mateja Kezman on a free transfer. Currently trying to loan in a left winger from somewhere as well (Chelsea have accepted my loan offer for Gael Kakuta, but you can bet anything he'll reject me).

No doubt I'll get to my first proper league game and discover my entire back line is made out of cardboard, but that's the fun of the fair.

Whey, Watford!

Back line is pretty decent - Martin Taylor is solid and played for Birmingham up until recently. Doyley is a legend, and Bennett is a good prospect. Of course, this is all in real life - I haven't played in the Championship yet on the game so they may be utter tripe :P

I've had such an inconsistent season with Villa. The first half of the season was great by November I was sitting in third and had only conceded 8 goals. By Mid-February I'm 8 matches without a win and have shipped 18 goals since the start of the new year.

My back line from left to right are Warnock, Dunne, Shawcross and Gokhan Gonul.

Gone into a Leicester save using some formations of my own that I created after a LOT of studying the team, I seem to have found a good rythym between three formations. Started off the season with the central attacking formation since I had a home fixture, the team responded well to it and after four games unbeaten we went down 1-0 in the fifth and were being assaulted in the back so after half an hour of that I switched to my defensive formation, which is basically six defenders with two of them being defensive midfielders. That seemed to shut up shop and we managed to pull back 1-1. Finally went away against a team who we should be beating heavilly two games later, so I employed a wide attacking formation since they had a big pitch to use to my advantage... 6-1. Thus far it's 10 matches, two draws and eight wins. Fucking tremendous. Also made a fair few signings including Julian Speroni, who has been an absolute bastard rock hard keeper, he's only let in three goals in ten games (though that's also thanks to Jack Hobbs and Sol Bamba being solid central defence).

Then switched to Telford, our inconsistent form and Uwezu's lack of goals despite good form were frustrating me, so I pulled our regular 4-4-2 and employed a 4-3-3 to try and get an extra attacker to make those finishes count. It seemed to bring a more consistent team but left our wings a bit open, so I moved the two striker positions who weren't central out to the wings into an attacking midfielder and it allowed me to put in my key playmaker who'd come back from injury. We've managed five wins out of seven games (one loss to a fellow playoff team and one draw to the team above us at the time) and now we're back in first position by two points, but the other team have a game in hand. We've also managed to topple Kettering in the cup, taking us a round further than the board expected. The joy of that win was that we not only came back to draw them at home, but then managed to top them 2-1 when away, and they're a league above us qualifying for playoff. Got about 15 league games to go and hoping I can gain promotion so I can demand more wages and transfer funds for the team.

Fantastic night for my FM games last night :D

4 years in after playing the same way (bar minor changes) I finally snapped at the weekly "I assume you're going to be keeping it tight and playing ultra defensive?" (paraphrase) question and added "like we always have you ignorant whore" to the free flowing attacking game response. Did get a laugh when the reporter mentioned my "foul mouthed tirade".

Are there any good media add-ons that offer more questions and sources and the like?

Decided to just continue my 2014 Chelsea game. The reason I kind of quit was because I was in a shitty season and still am. For some reason I keep beating the big teams, then suddenly fail against the shitty small ones. Not only that, but I've had loads of injuries and I keep getting them. Ivanovic injured for 4 months, comes back, Bosingwa immediately gets injured, Dzeko got injured for 6 months at the start of the season, Kjaer got injured and has just returned. I thought I could use Ashley Cole for one more season but his stats have rapidly declined, so now he's equal to my 18 year old regen (who does play for England so he is talented but still). I got beat by Luton of all f'n teams in the FA Cup because they scored 2 times in 2 minutes for some reason. I got 3 red cards against Man Utd <_< But I'm still fighting to stay in the race, I'm 2nd, behind just 2 points so I could still salvage something from this season. I hardly have any money for a new LB because I'm getting a new stadium next year (Zola Stadium :lmao:), so I'll have to trust my 18 year old LB to become world class.

Edited by The Quasi Juice