Football Manager 2011

Dan

I've never really seen Hamsik play but he's been absolute quality in every fooball game I've played, so that's good enough for me.

That being said, I'm still not over Sharbel Touma not becoming the greatest player ever like Championship Manager told me he would. :(

Edited by The Cool One

Checking out Catania they have Obertan and he seems to be the only player I recognize. Under the now retired Alberto Zaccheroni they finished second in a dead heat with Roma in 2015/16, only losing out due to Roma's superior head-to-head record, and put up a challenge for the title in 2016/17 but trailed off towards the end. They won the Coppa Italia twice, finished in the top 10-5 of Serie on and off and seem to have suffered from big name players being sold off to Premier League sides.

I had been watching them as a possible future club for a while. My first game will be 10 December at home to Fiorentina. It's my hope to leave Viking with the Tippeligaen and three Cuppen wins to my name.

If I don't win the league, I've saved it at the point where I was still negotiating.

I very rarely change my playing style depending on the match. But seeing Chelsea hammer Blackpool 6-0 made me change the way I played my West Ham side. I played a 4-2-3-1, with two defensive midfielders and three normal midfielders, leaving Demba on his own up front. We won the game 1-0. Only had two chances the whole game, and we scored one. Chelsea had 8 or 9 but somehow I managed to keep them out. Might change things up depending on the opposition a little more often.

I'm into the League Cup final! :w00t:

Against West Brom! :w00t:

Got lucky avoiding all the big teams, who all got eliminated somehow. Beat Norwich, Wigan, Everton, Burnley and Blackburn to get to Wembley.

If I flunk this golden opportunity I may have to resign out of shame.

(Annoyingly it seems that the final falls directly between two league games against Chelsea and Arsenal, both at home...)

I have to say that I'm very grateful to Rob Earnshaw and Robbie Findley...for getting injured a week before the end of the January transfer window, not a week after. :shifty:

Can't be spending a minimum of 6 weeks with only Owen and Blackstock (and maybe Tudgay I guess) as my striker options, so I loaned in John Guidetti from Manchester City for the remainder of the season. In a perfect world I'd sign him on a permanent deal in the summer, but goodness knows I'm not that lucky. Just like how I could have signed Josh McEachran for £4m, but he didn't want to discuss a contract at all.

Pretty hopeful of picking up Charlie Adam though. His contract expires in the summer and he seems reluctant to renew it. Tried to swipe him in January for about £3m but Blackpool were having none of it, although he himself responded positively to my advances via the media.

Didn't we use to be able to directly offer a contract to any player who had less than 6 months remaining on his current one? Doesn't seem to be an option with Adam for some reason.

I have to say that I'm very grateful to Rob Earnshaw and Robbie Findley...for getting injured a week before the end of the January transfer window, not a week after. :shifty:

Can't be spending a minimum of 6 weeks with only Owen and Blackstock (and maybe Tudgay I guess) as my striker options, so I loaned in John Guidetti from Manchester City for the remainder of the season. In a perfect world I'd sign him on a permanent deal in the summer, but goodness knows I'm not that lucky. Just like how I could have signed Josh McEachran for £4m, but he didn't want to discuss a contract at all.

Pretty hopeful of picking up Charlie Adam though. His contract expires in the summer and he seems reluctant to renew it. Tried to swipe him in January for about £3m but Blackpool were having none of it, although he himself responded positively to my advances via the media.

Didn't we use to be able to directly offer a contract to any player who had less than 6 months remaining on his current one? Doesn't seem to be an option with Adam for some reason.

Only players playing outside England, I think.

Good grief. I have a youngster called Grant Currie who won the premier division young player of the month with an average rating of 5.83 in 3 games. But my young Brazilian forward has 7.20 in three plus two goals and came in third. Wat?

Into my 8th season now.

Ireland have yet to produce a single youth player of note. My scouts havent recommended a single Irish player with the potential to even develop into a decent Prem player, let alone anything better.

Meanwhile, my scouts have recommended 4 potentially world class youths from Sudan.

Ireland and England are the only leagues running.

My dream of filling my United side with Irish players will never come true. Time to work on filling it just with academy graduates I think.

Anyone got a solution to this problem; I have Torres up front with Gerrard just behind him, theres plenty of goals, but defensively its very weak as Torres and Gerrard try and occupy the same spot on the pitch (2D view, bang on top of each other), so if the ball goes free its like defending with 9 outfield players.

Torres is Complete Striker/Support with mentality dropped to normal on 10 notches (in the middle) Run From Deep often

Gerrard is Attacking Midfielder/Attack RFD rarely

I'm thinking of changing both their wide play to 'move into channels'

any suggestions?

So I finally decided to get this game and play. Let it sim a year ahead and then took over as Rangers boss to see what's what. Into my second season, not doing too badly, set a record of 32 games unbeaten, well on the way to matching it again but I get beat 1-0 at Den's Park by a young Dundee side who are lying 3rd in the table to bring it to an end at 24 games unbeaten. I have to pick the team up for our next game, a Champion's League tie against Chelsea at Ibrox and my God did they respond well.

Rangers7-2Chelsea.png

David Goodwillie is amazing on this game. Actually considered signing him for Chelsea as my token Scottish player, but he was more expensive than I was willing to pay. So I got John Fleck instead, who has been one of my players of the season and the first to actually form a strong partnership with Fernando Torres. :/

Fleck's a pile of shit in this game, constantly unhappy because he dislikes David Weir, useless on the ball and he can't hit a barn door at five yards. Rangers entered into a relationship with Man Utd and they sent me Bebe on loan and he's been decent enough down the left wing, occasionally switching with Naismith or Craig Conway.

Goodwillie has only just come back into form, he scored 10 in the opening four games of the season in the CL qualifiers then went on a run on 1 in 8 in the league. Thankfully now he's finding his scoring boots again.