Football Manager 2011

Dan

Seven games to go. Injuries have seemingly resulted in our form slipping. 4-1 defeat to Rosenborg and 1-0 defeat from Sogndal. We've missed a chance to go 10 points clear at the top of the table if we had won. As Valerenga had had the same problem and lost back to back games.

Juanmi is low on confidence and hasn't scored much, if at all since his return from injury either and that is not helping.

It's usually offered if you're performing above the start of season expectations.

295698678.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJF3XCCKACR3QDMOA&Expires=1305072967&Signature=33gT7Cy8YfqTeb4RW4BF71ac%2F9s%3D

Just went through this. An under-performing team, lacking a bit in confidence goes behind after one minute and comes back to reach our third Cuppen final in three seasons. Ken Thompson is a fucking God. When he came on his long throws and wide play killed them. He's back, Steinslid is back soon. Hangeland has been shaky without his buddy Steinslid.

After a run of defeats, I hope we can turn this around and go on to claim the double. It's even better when I see Aeslund, a first division side knocked Valerenga out!

Starting to concede really sloppy goals now...a shot will come in and the keeper will parry it, it'll bounce around and ALWAYS end up in the back of my net, about a 3rd of goals conceded are scored this way, another 3rd is Danns acting like a pillock and just watching the man run straight past him.

I intended to do that with Braintree. Got out of the Blue Square North, no problem. Won the Blue Square "Premier" league with a few points to spare. Got to League Two and couldn't win anything. It may have just been Braintree, but the board didn't really raise their transfer or payment wages after being promoted either time. It was incredibly frustrating trying to compete in League Two using players that wouldn't even have a chance to make my opponents reserve squad. I resigned after the first year when the bastard board told me how disappointed they were at being relegated. Then give me money, pricks!

For those interested (No-one then >_>), I decided to go with Bradford. No money, no great players, low expectations. This is the team I'm taking back to the Premiership!

Balls. I was going to suggest them or Oldham. Could have got some kudos at least >_>

Bradford are horrendous (Or the way I'm making them play is), so far in friendlies we were easily defeated by Southampton and Rangers reserves (3-0 and 2-0 respectively) not too bad you would think, then Bath beat us at home 5-1. Its going to be a long season. I'm still waiting on my board to come back with parent club options because we sure as hell need it.

It's all going swimmingly for my Notts County team. With like 20 games played I'm in 6th place but only 6 points off the top - down from the 13 points it was at one point. And I'm in lovely form so hopefully I can carry that on. Earnshaw and Harewood are the Yorke and Cole of the Championship - seriously, unbelievable chemistry. I'm playing Harewood in a supporting DLPM role on the left slot and while he's only scored 6 he's assisted 8, and pretty much all of them have been for Earnshaw, who's got 14 in 16 now. Here's my strongest team at the moment, but Sonko's making a great claim for Wilkinson's spot:

GK: Kasper Schmeichel

DR: Jan Kromkamp (I usually move Boyce here when Jan can't play and put Sonko at CB)

DL: Paul Konchesky (Joseph Mills)

DC: Emerson Boyce

DC: Andy Wilkinson (Ibrahima Sonko/Martin Taylor, but with Taylor's 9 pace he doesn't figure much)

MR: David Edwards (Nacer Barazite/Gabri)

ML: James McFadden (Matthew Etherington)

MC: Damien Plessis (Simon Ferry)

MC: Mark Randall (Nacer Barazite/Gabri)

FC: Robbie Earnshaw

FC: Marlon Harewood

It probably has to be the strongest team in the league overall. Karl Hawley and Ben Davies are the only guys I had at the very start who are still here, with the exception of Schmeichel I guess. They were both absolute beasts in the lower leagues which is why I kept them but I sense this could be one level too high for them. I also have Salif Diao and Stern John, but they'll hardly figure. I've become attached to some of these players (Boyce, Plessis, Randall, Earnshaw, Harewood) so if I get promoted I'm gonna try to keep them as first choice and see how that goes for a while.

After replaying, we lost 3-0 to Lillestrom but beat Start 2-1. Then Valerenga were beaten by Stabaek who moved into second.

Still, 4 points clear with four games to go. We've got a better goal difference to Stabaek so I'd much rather they be second than Valerenga.

Meanwhile Rosenborg are pulling a late, late charge for the league. They brought in a new manager, signed a Mexican striker to replace Damien LeTallec who was bought by Fiorentina.

Bradford are horrendous (Or the way I'm making them play is), so far in friendlies we were easily defeated by Southampton and Rangers reserves (3-0 and 2-0 respectively) not too bad you would think, then Bath beat us at home 5-1. Its going to be a long season. I'm still waiting on my board to come back with parent club options because we sure as hell need it.

Try to sign Febian Brandy, Junior Agogo or Brahim Hemdani. All on free transfers.

Oh, and van der Meyde is good, but god damn he gets injured just sneezing.